Martin B

Circle

I've just been out to collect the eggs at first I thought I only had a Lesley egg but then I looked down whilst adding the straw and there was a very tiny, looking at a rough 30g, like a bantam egg. But it was a perfect circle.

I wonder why she layed on the roosting bars at the back of the eglu and why on earth is it that small and that shape?

Perhaps she's laying for the BBC - Isn't the circle their new theme now?

Have to say though that my girls seem to be laying odder eggs at the moment. The gingernuts have always been a bit rounder than the Pepperpots but recently have had some, although not circular it has been difficult to distinguish which was the pointy end! Dilema then - which way up do I store it :) Has to be said though they're not in the egg box that long! The pepperpots on the otherhand seem to have got longer and pointier (appologies - don't think this is in the dictionary!)

However, all just as tasty :D

E

Only one of my three girls lays a correctly shaped egg. Bossy, my pepperpot and boss chicken, lays long pale eggs, sometimes a bit too long :shock: , and Cheeky, my undersized gingernut, lays a virtually round egg every time. I also have trouble distinguishing which way is up!

So Snooty must be my politically correct EU approved perfect chicken! :lol: