Trish

Trish's Hols, for those interested or just nosey

Hi folks, yes we got back from not very sunny Holland yesterday morning. We went to a Centre Parcs there, same place we went last year. We really like it there, it's the only one with a snow centre on site and the male members of the family love snow boarding. Guess what I spent most of the week doing, KNITTING yippee.

We were told about it by friends and were amazed that it's only a fraction more, including ferries, than going to Centre Parcs in England. What's more the activities are cheaper so over all it cost us less to go to Holland than Sherwood Forest, go figure?

I always thought it would be very commercial and I suppose up to a point it is but I do like the way they run the place, lots of recylcing bins, enviromentally ok housing and a good policy regarding the enviromental impact of the place. It does feel like you're living in the forest and is therefore for me a very relaxing place to be with loads for the boys to do.

We also took Matt's girl friend this year so I had some girlie company and one night we threw the males out of the house and did choclate fondue and face masks, I'm not telling how long it is since I last did that :wink:

What's more within 3 hours of arriving home Matt and his girl friend went off on holiday with her family so for the next 10 days I've only got two kids, one husband and the zoo to look after, :? I want another holiday please :!:

:P TRISH ... WOW .. the snow bit would be a selling point for us too 8) .

Glad you had a good time .. and thanks for letting us know about it .. contender for next year me thinks. :wink: . Good you got the girlie bit in too ... did she have a go at knitting :?::wink: .

Only another 4 weeks to go ...... :roll::shock::lol:

Didn't persuade Becky to knit but there's time yet (mad laughing to be imagined at this point :lol: ) If you are at all interested SarahJo then let me know and I can get you details. Only problem is catching up with you lot now I'm back :? Sorry if I've missed anything important

Sounds briliant Trish. We did Centre Parcs in Holland (weeterbergen) about 4 yrs ago now, and were struck by how much cleaner and nicer than the English one it was (can't remember the name of the English one we've visited, think it was in the Suffolk area}. I love the snow boarding idea though. I can't snowboard, can barely ski really, but lve it. The camaraderie of the slopes,as complete strangers help you up :oops::) . And, almost goes without saying, the children love it.

Sounds like you had a lovely holiday, knitting, chocolate & girlie evenings, sounds pretty good to me. I hope you've returned feeling suitably refreshed and relaxed.

Welcome back though- holidays are great, coming home is always good though, nice English cup of tea as you catch up with the forum :wink:

Have to say I went to Center Parcs in UK too. It was a disaster. I was in a wheelchair (although I could walk short distances) at the time and it was advertised as being Disabled Friendly. It Wasn't !!! I couldn't go anywhere due to steps. Also the doors weren't wide enough for a wheelchair to get through without a special key and a member of staff to open an ajoining door. It was really embarasing and I'm not one to be embarased!

At one point I was refused access anywhere near the pool because I was wearing a false leg. Their ruling was that I had to take my shoes off. If I took the shoe off the leg I'd never have been able to walk - they said (and I quote) "sorry, it's policy".

Grrrr ! :evil:

we go to centre parcs in england almost every year we love it so much!

it is a good idea to book before you get their though

i went to the holland one too! it was great - i zipwired high over a lake and also their was a pet corner type thing near our chalet with chickens!! it felt like home

:lol:

Oo that sounds lovely, Trish!

It's good to hear a review of CenterParcs abroad! I've only ever been to the Penrith one, which I love (I'm a big tree fan!) and I had wondered what the Dutch ones are like as they're not mentioned at all in the Center Parcs brochure. They should be!

they said (and I quote) "sorry, it's policy".

Grrrr ! :evil:

How frustrating for you Debby :evil:

All it would take is for one person to check their 'policy' for user-friendlyness and down right stupidity for them to realise we are not all the same and one rule cannot possibly apply to all.

It's this silly american 'suing' culture that's catching up with us :roll: