Falkor Posted August 23, 2009 Share Posted August 23, 2009 (edited) So, some of you may know that due to a change in his circumstances (housemove/baby) my little bro (palmer06) has asked me to look after his hens. Today was the day that they arrived at my house. They came with their own so seperate housing is easy and they seem to have settled in quite well. My big girls have been pottering about around their run and don`t seem bothered. Well.....Brandy the heffalump of a buff Orp got a bit cocky but she was quickly seen off by an itty bitty tiny pekin And Fizz, my bluebelle gate-crashed their run but no one even fluttered an eye lid! ....so introducing the ladies: Lemon Pekin Red? Pekin Pekin Cross Pekin Cross Silkie Frizzle I gave them all a quick health check, they had nails clipped, all squirted for scaley leg as one of the pekins feet look a little ropey, squirt with Johnsons Anti-mite and a snuggle. The only way I could think of to deal with six newbies was this: Oooouch! Woodchip and bare knees! not a winning combination Little bro also brought me all his chicken bits, feed, supplements etc and oh.....one or two feeders! Anyone want to pop over and help me wash them all! Edited August 26, 2009 by Guest Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted August 23, 2009 Share Posted August 23, 2009 What a gorgeous collection of girls . Lovely set of feeders etc too . Are they just holidaying with you or yours for keeps? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Space Chick Posted August 23, 2009 Share Posted August 23, 2009 Thats a lot of feeders Hope they settle in quickly Em, they are beautiful girls Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted August 23, 2009 Share Posted August 23, 2009 they are lovely looking girls Em!, I am sat here giggling at all those feeders... surely you need more chooks now??? :lol: ohhh and you look like an ickle girl in that eglu run... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Space Chick Posted August 23, 2009 Share Posted August 23, 2009 ohhh and you look like an ickle girl in that eglu run... I thought that too, but I wasn't going to be the one to say it Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted August 23, 2009 Share Posted August 23, 2009 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Janty Posted August 23, 2009 Share Posted August 23, 2009 Glad they're settling in well. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted August 23, 2009 Share Posted August 23, 2009 They are lovely, you do look diddy in the run Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Falkor Posted August 23, 2009 Author Share Posted August 23, 2009 Are they just holidaying with you or yours for keeps? Well........mine for keeps providing I can integrate my two bantams and the Frizzle and Silkie don`t make too much racket. At little bros they chattered constantly but I am hoping with bigger girls milling about they may slide down the pecking order and hush up a bit. I have a plan B if need be but I really hope they can all stay as I am slightly in love with the silke ohhh and you look like an ickle girl in that eglu run... :lol: Well it was either me in there or little bro and he is about a foot taller than me! I am going to start getting a real complex soon.....I got asked for ID today when i popped into little Tescos for a bottle of Rose to toast the girls arrival! I am 27 and three quarters!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted August 23, 2009 Share Posted August 23, 2009 @ 27 and three quarters Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
clootie Posted August 23, 2009 Share Posted August 23, 2009 They look lovely Em and remember, if it doesn't work out with any of them ...... *coughs* there's always room at Auntie Cloots (I can get in the run but no way could I get upright!! ) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chook n Boo Mum Posted August 23, 2009 Share Posted August 23, 2009 Wow Em, they are gorgeous..that little frizzle is truly scrumptious I keep thinking I need to find Blossom a friend.......once her scaly leg mite is clear Did littlebro have a thing for feeders, I'm not sure but I think you now have more than me especially as DH managed to drop 2 china bowls & break them today I know that cramped feeling having spent more time than I care to remember scrunched up in the eglu run with Buffie...I did always make sure I had my waterproof trousers on though as leg protection So how many chooks is that now............... Sha x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Karen & co. Posted August 24, 2009 Share Posted August 24, 2009 Fab photos I had better nt show my daughter as she is the bantie keeper even though they are all in with my girls so I can claim them all Ellie is desperate for more pekins after loosing her little black/red Ruby earlier in the year we still have Hattie but she is the most timid chook going Karen x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bigmommasally Posted August 24, 2009 Share Posted August 24, 2009 They are all so tiny and sweeeet - just a perfect match for you. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ms Tilytinkle Posted August 24, 2009 Share Posted August 24, 2009 Awwwwww so gorgeous & cute. Be proud of your perfection!! I'd love someone - anyone to ask for my ID & mean it I usually ask them if they need my ID then they laugh!!!! Ms Tilywondersjusthowmanydifferentchickensbreedsthereare Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Falkor Posted August 24, 2009 Author Share Posted August 24, 2009 I am up to 14 chooks now Sha....so on a par with you Well I should have no food squabbles as I have MORE feeders/drinkers than I do chickens! I was awake at 5am this morning worrying that they would start making noise as they normally get themselves up at little bros but there was not a peep from the closed eglu until I let them out at 7.30 Mind you, I am at work now so who knows what havoc they are creating! Thanks everyone for you kind comments about the little ladies. Now for names I think I will continue the food theme for the bantams. Thinking caps on please! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted August 24, 2009 Share Posted August 24, 2009 I have been thinking about these names since you told me to yesterday I have so far (keeping things that can go in drinks to go well with your boozy named big girls, or ice cream type names to match Rum & Raisin... ahem... Cookie *giggles* Cherry Olive Pip Fudge Brownie Sundae you already have a 'Lemon' Ice *giggles* Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Falkor Posted August 24, 2009 Author Share Posted August 24, 2009 Well done Cookie...I love them all! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted August 24, 2009 Share Posted August 24, 2009 oooooh Ripple (as in raspberry ripple ) Cream Praline Cream Hagan Das (sp) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Space Chick Posted August 24, 2009 Share Posted August 24, 2009 Great minds Cooks, I was thinking ice-creams to go with Rum and Raisin, How about: Vanilla Caramel Chocolate Pistachio Neapolitan Mint Butterscotch Kulfi To name just a few Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Falkor Posted August 24, 2009 Author Share Posted August 24, 2009 You two know a lot of icecream flavours! I think maybe i should try each flavour to check that they suit the girls Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Space Chick Posted August 24, 2009 Share Posted August 24, 2009 I haven't started on Sorbets yet Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
clootie Posted August 24, 2009 Share Posted August 24, 2009 Ben & Jerry? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Woodcat Posted August 24, 2009 Share Posted August 24, 2009 Did those chickens each have a feeder and drinker to themselves!?! really nice chooks i'm also slightly in love with the Silkie You two know a lot of icecream flavours! I think maybe i should try each flavour to check that they suit the girls Of course you need to try them .... you need to make an informed choice after all Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Falkor Posted August 24, 2009 Author Share Posted August 24, 2009 OK.... I have named them Noisier! Much Nosier Likes the sound of her own voice Screachy Sqwaker and quitest cutest little thing in the whole wide world! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...