kazaddress

Battery Hen Ban 2012 - please help

I just spotted this on another forum, and though this would be a good place to post it!

The ban is due to come into force in 2012, but the EU Laying Hens Directive requires the legislation to be reviewed (happening right now). Most EU Intensive Egg Produces want the ban to be dropped, and together with the British Egg Industry Council, are lobbying for it to be at least postponed.

To pledge your support for this ban, visit www.ciwf.org.uk (Compassion in World Farming), and send an ecard (right hand side of page, half way down)

In fact, you can do all sorts here for the poor chickens

http://www.itsnoteasybeinggreen.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3699

Yes Kaz at the BHWT we want to diminish the use of battery eggs to such an extent, through our current approach, that we will see the end to cages here before 2012. We simply can't wait, with fingers crossed.

There is also an enriched cage suggestion, which is unacceptable.

BBx

Yes Kaz at the BHWT we want to diminish the use of battery eggs to such an extent, through our current approach, that we will see the end to cages here before 2012. We simply can't wait, with fingers crossed.

There is also an enriched cage suggestion, which is unacceptable.

BBx

The enriched cages idea is stupid, they're still battery hens, even with a teenier bit of extra space. I sigh at the government, I really do....