ubereglu

Oh, Dear...

I think mine will be a miracle or a nightmare this year :roll:

Every other year I have my parents down and this year is my turn 8)

Problem is mum always organises the food all I have to do is cook it :shock:

Big problem here :? She is still in spain dealing with her sisters will etc having lost her a couple of weeks ago and won't be back until just before Christmas which means I have to do EVERYTHING this year :shock:

Those of you that know me will also have worked out I don't get much in the way of time off from work (I am currently owed 9 weeks leave) and I just don't know when I am going to squeeze it in :cry:

Yup, just like exercise :wink:

Thats my philosophy too Mel, strange as i have been thinking about exercise for months now and haven't lost a pound! :wink:

OH has just ordered a lateral thigh trainer, can't wait to see him in lycra!!! :shock:

All pressies bought, but still in bags all over the house. Looks like i'll be wrapping til Christmas eve!!

Christian x x x

We use newspaper too. The best thing is that it's so much easier to work with so the parcels look nice. Second best thing is you don't have to worry about cutting the right amount so as not to waste any wrapping paper. :)

I think mine will be a miracle or a nightmare this year :roll:

Every other year I have my parents down and this year is my turn 8)

Problem is mum always organises the food all I have to do is cook it :shock:

Big problem here :? She is still in spain dealing with her sisters will etc having lost her a couple of weeks ago and won't be back until just before Christmas which means I have to do EVERYTHING this year :shock:

Those of you that know me will also have worked out I don't get much in the way of time off from work (I am currently owed 9 weeks leave) and I just don't know when I am going to squeeze it in :cry:

Will you have any time off just before, Louise? I'm sure your parents will be quite happy with a few things done well rather than cooking everything you can possible think of :wink:

Its not the cooking thats fine its the shopping :shock:

I will be off the weekend before Christmas but can you imagine what the shops will be like :cry:

Can you get the shopping delivered? - I did that last year and am going to again this year!

What I dont understand is that most supermarkets are only shut on Christmas Day (and there are plenty of little convenience stores open on that day anyway) so WHY oh WHY do people feel the need to stock up as if we had a threat of a nuclear blast?!?!?! I understand if you are having people over Christmas you might need a bit more food - but I've seen people with loaves and loaves of bread and pints and pints of milk :shock:

I have the cards - bought in last years' sale. Not yet written or anything :roll:

Me too! And some from the Omlet do!! Seem to have lost the Christmas card list though, so can't remember who I usually send to! I'm sure I'll forget someone!

Funny how when I used to use a filofax I always had peoples addresses on me. Now, with a mobile phone, emails, and printed calendar page, the filofax has been dumped and addresses are a thing of the past!

At least we don't have to worry about a Christmas tree: we usually put little lights up in one of our apple trees instead, but last year we never got round to taking them down! :oops: Turned them on recently and they're still fine! Just one bulb blown!

nah

They're just over eating indulgent pigs (was gonna say something else but held back!)

We don't buy more than we need as it's just mindful waste

Our council are allowing 6 extra bin bags for collection after Christmas in addition to their closed lid policy

How much rubbish for goodness sake!

Rant over!

A

xx

you rant all you want my love - you are amongst friends here :wink: I do go :shock::shock: at our neighbours - both with 2 children who seem to have, on average 6 bags of rubbish each week :shock: We have one bag (the rest is all....ahem.... recyclable glass......you know, organic apple juice....um.....pasta sauce.... :oops::wink: