Redwing Posted December 31, 2009 Share Posted December 31, 2009 I was wondering if Tarzan had hit manhood yet so collected a random set of eggs from his run and whacked them in the inccy....as you do.. Well five of them are developing nicely and I know that at this point a breeder would probably dispose of the eggs having proven the fertility But I want to leave mine in the inccy t doesnt feel right to chuck them out Tarzan is a barred Wyandotte and his current wives are: Pekins A Poland Choc orp x Wyandotte Goodness knows what the chicks will look like Ugly would be my guess The last chicks are only about 8 weeks old and still living in the kitchen, thank goodness we have room for more Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
laurmurf Posted December 31, 2009 Share Posted December 31, 2009 oh lordy..... i'm actually a bit scared please warn would be viewers when you post those photos, Tasha! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted December 31, 2009 Author Share Posted December 31, 2009 Now I have fessed up to Mostin I can also confirm that three of her red sussex eggs are also in the inccy Someone needs to confiscate my inccy.... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted December 31, 2009 Share Posted December 31, 2009 Someone needs to confiscate my inccy.... I'm here *waves* about the eggs Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted December 31, 2009 Author Share Posted December 31, 2009 I'll box it up then Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
craftyhunnypie Posted January 1, 2010 Share Posted January 1, 2010 No use sending it my way, I'm as bad as you. I'm guessing you will get some beautiful chicks there, with a lot of barring going on. Some with hairdo's too. I love mongrels. My friend has a right mixture & the colours are stunning! Emma.x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Valkyrie Posted January 2, 2010 Share Posted January 2, 2010 http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_uu4KpLK_6gc/SwlCy1lJGMI/AAAAAAAACyE/4AuecUCwvaM/s1600/DSC01969.JPG Supposedly an "ugly chicken" - I like the little tail though. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Griffin Posted January 2, 2010 Share Posted January 2, 2010 I love my mongrels, I'm going to hatch some more this year. Lily Pie is my noisy green egg layer that is crossed with a Cuckoo Maran and she's living on a friends stud farm. He's going to put her in with his silver laced Wyandotte cockerel for me so I can hatch Dottepies Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted January 2, 2010 Author Share Posted January 2, 2010 http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_uu4KpLK_6gc/SwlCy1lJGMI/AAAAAAAACyE/4AuecUCwvaM/s1600/DSC01969.JPG Supposedly an "ugly chicken" - I like the little tail though. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Valkyrie Posted January 3, 2010 Share Posted January 3, 2010 Oh pooh, it seemed fine in the preview, sorry folks! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted January 7, 2010 Share Posted January 7, 2010 That is sooo scary Koojie Tasha, you need to be saved from yourself! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jools Posted January 8, 2010 Share Posted January 8, 2010 Well if you've tested fertility, you just have to continue the experiment and test hatchability don't you? Oh yes you do!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ChezChix Posted January 30, 2010 Share Posted January 30, 2010 What a releif I'm not the only chickaholic! I have a cream pekin called Madeleine, who for want of more suitable accommodation, ended up sharing her pen with Miss Marple a grey silkie. Guess who turned out to be Mr Marple? (Big clue there) They liaised regularly, usually when Madeleine was trying to get her breakfast, and of course I couldn't resist putting the eggs into my incubator. I now have a series of fluffy, puffy and scruffy chicks who are lovely. Must get some pictures and post them. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chick wiggle Posted January 30, 2010 Share Posted January 30, 2010 Oh Redwing, I cant wait to see these little chickies, i bet they'll be gorgeous With Tarzan for a dad, how could they not be? When did you put them in, how long do we have to wait? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...