chooklady

Feathers not regrowing

I thought my Maran Cuivre was moulting some time ago, November they were all moulting to a degree but she developed really bald patches on her neck, it is really bald and no sign of feathers regrowing. She is laying and all the others a fit and healthy, she looks tatty and she also has some slightly bald patches on the top of her wings aswell.

Your opinions would be greatly appreciated, it's so cold and I'm sure she must be uncomfortable.

Many thanks

Nicola

Many thanks, I will try that, I have been giving them extra tit-bits because of the cold, I will try to feed her up a little and see if she inproves. As I said in my first post she is laying and if there were any little critters around the others would be suffering too I'm sure and they are all looking very healthy at the moment.

Many thanks for your advice.

Nicola

I don't know if this may help, but one of my ex-bats moulted and had 2 bald patches that never grew back, one on her head and one on her wing. I used a mixture of E45 cream and Flowers of Sulphur powder which you can buy over the internet.

I always feel that anything is worth trying and having read about it on this forum, decided to give it a go.

It is an old remedy used for excema and psorriasis and equine treatment and has an anti fungal quality. Within a few weeks both patches disappeared, never to return!

I have also made up pots for 2 humans with sore excema patches with amazing results.