I spent the best part of 5 hours today helping my son who's nearly 16, make a heart shaped white chocolate gateau for his girlfriend and I made a valentine card for him to give to her too.

I have to own up and say I haven't made OH a card yet though! :lol:

I was telling OH about putting this on last night (not the bit about his lack of card, obviously) and nochucksyet's reply - this was after I'd actually made him a card - and he said 'you do realise I haven't got you anything, don't you? You were so grumpy about me getting you something a few years back, that I didn't see the point in case you bit my head off again.'

My fault, I suppose, but I'm in two minds about giving him the card now.... Maybe I should, so he'll feel guilty instead..... :evil:

DS2 gave a Valentine's card he had made at Cubs to OH and me. He then told me that one of the Cubs planned to give his card to a girl - how yucky :lol:

OH has given me a box of Thorntons and I shall bake a cake for todays dinner and decorate it with icing hearts.

DD is in France skiing with school but I know they planned to have a Valentine's disco this evening in the hotel. DD was NOT looking forward to this - she still find boys very silly creatures :whistle:

I once got a card from the kids that said 'Happy Valiumtimes Day' :D

My DH gave me a lovely Air Freshener this morning wrapped in pink paper with a pink satin ribbon, I thought it was a half bottle of pink champagne! :(

But it is the thought that counts...maybe I have been overdoing the beans lately :shock:

We were not meant to be doing Valentine's... but OH surprised me with a hert troll bead, then 12 red roses were delivered as I was covered in compost :D , planting all the spring pansy's in the tubs, we had to get today. Thankfully I did get him the book he has been waiting for :)

I spent the day working at our wildlife site and came home and cooked a cake and made a casserole. However, I'm not in favour of Valentine's day, which I find to be rather false and commercially-motivated. I think it was more romantic eating a sandwich and watching bulfinches, chaffinches, great tits, nuthatches and blue tits eat from a seed feeder, all warm in the winter sunshine.

I did make DH a card with hearts, and three little chickens and three little cats, and gave it to him from me plus the menagerie. He seemed quite pleased with it!