A chickychickychick-ENN!!

My big fat gypsy wedding

I would guess into tens of thousands based on size and crystals. If you look at off the peg dresses in the wedding mags many of them average £5-10k. Those dresses are like that but triple size! I wonder what they do with them after? If they live in caravans, even the mega-caravans would need a whole room to keep them in!

The one thing that I thought was rather sad in a way was that one girl's dress was so huge that her dear old dad couldn't actually walk her up the aisle. He kind of stumbled along as an afterthought.

There is money to be made for someone who can design a vehicle that the bride can get into and out of without the help of twenty people. :D

I enjoyed the programe and thought it gave a worthwhile insight into the lives and customs of others.

i just watched this on 4OD. It was so interesting to watch, especially as we have so many travellers around where I am. Also both my parent's jobs involve dealing with the 'bad' gypsies, so only really ever hear the bad stuff about them. It's nice to get a better insight into their lives, and especially their morals, as they seem like such nice people, but with every culture there will always be the 'good' and the 'bad'. :D

I watched it today on 4oD and thought it was very interesting. What I can't quite marry up is that they are very strict with the girls but then they all dress up showing lots of flesh - it seemed a bit strange. I wouldn't let my DD out wearing some of the dresses the girls were wearing.

I really felt for the last girl, I really think she hadn't quite thought it through properly and had just focused on the wedding day and nothing else. Not totally sure that they seemed compatible.

I thought my wedding dress was wide but nothing compared to some of the dresses on the programme, I much preferred the fitted dress, at least she could walk.

If you think of the clothes within the sense of the closed community though, and that weddings and social get togethers are one of the only times they can check each other out, then that's the time to peacock strut the booty. With the threat of a major disowning/telling off, it's look but don't touch, but they get a rare very good look.