Cooks Posted February 26, 2010 Author Share Posted February 26, 2010 anyone there??? or are you all doing more reposnsible things than chatting on here.. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 Good luck Debs + Kooj - I've had the dye in my eyes too - they do it in dogs at the vets and their mouths, slobber and noses turn green! Finished for the weekend! Have another visiting day at Lincoln uni tomorrow but I don't want to go Really like Aber and the course - the Lincoln course is Bio-Veterinary science so totally different, and their offer is higher so less likely to get the grades ... oh and Aber send me letters and info all the time about bursaries, the open days etc. Haven't heard a peep out of Lincoln - you have to invite yourself to the visiting day too. ....... think I may have made the decision? Father said to go just for a day out - maybe we could travel in the other direction to a certain bantam show Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted February 26, 2010 Author Share Posted February 26, 2010 :lol: Lewis!! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Space Chick Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 Come to the show on Sunday Lewis Well I am home, in pain, and feeling a little sorry for myself. I couldn't have sedation!!!! There were 2 people doing the procedure, a doctor and a nurse, and only the doctor could give sedation. There were 2 people having the procedure, me and an woman in her 80's. Both of us wanted sedation only 1 of us could. Now I was not going to let a woman of that age, who would have partaken in a world war go through that without sedation, so she had the doctor and I had the nurse Bleeding hurt though Particularly when they took the biopsies Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ClaireG Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 Oooooooh Debsie your making me wince. Seems daft that they only have one Dr., i'm sure the vast majority would prefer sedation. Hope the pain goes away soon. Take it easy. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted February 26, 2010 Author Share Posted February 26, 2010 belivfe me I ahve had the procedure Debs had twice once with and once without sedation and I know what she went through, why they even consider putting someone through that pain without sedation is beyond me. Well Done Debs matey you earned a gold star.. I will ahve to get kooj to find you one... Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chick wiggle Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 Oooo Debs, you poor thing, how very courageous of you to let the other lady have the sedation But, how ridiculous there was only one doctor and that you had to go through it without sedation Sending you lots of hugs and hope you feel better very soon Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 Hope you're feeling a bit better soon Debs. I'd love to go the the bantie show, just father wouldn't May see if we can go tomorrow because its my cousins b'day on Sunday ... can ask about Sunday though as seems when most people are going Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Space Chick Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 how very courageous of you to let the other lady have the sedation Its the decision anyone in my position would have made. I am a healthy youngish woman of 36, she was a frail old lady. No contest Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted February 26, 2010 Author Share Posted February 26, 2010 nope, but you still shouldn't have been put in the situation, not when you had made your wishes known previously. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 Tis bad of them ... and for them to make you feel like you should have to make that decision Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Space Chick Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 In fairness Lewis, it was the decision already made by the staff too!! It was the only logical decision. Although they did give me the option of coming back another day - like that was going to happen with taking time off work Thankfully, the nurse and the other 2 nurses in the procedure room were really friendly and nice, and tried to chat all the way through to keep me at ease. They now know all about my chickens all started when they were talking about takeaways, and chicken dishes, so I told them I could never eat chicken in restaurants because of the plight of industrial bred chickens, so they have had a lecture on food provenance too Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
PurpleTree Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 Aww big hugs to you Debs, hope your feeling a bit comfier (is that how you spell it? It looks odd) soon, at least, on the bright side you won't be still dealing with after effects of sedation for your hen party tomorrow Not good enough though that they only had provision to give one of you sedation, boo! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Space Chick Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 on the bright side you won't be still dealing with after effects of sedation for your hen party tomorrow Thats what Phil said aswell, and it means I'll definitely be OK to drive on Sunday for the Reading Bantam show and can have a glass of wine tonight too Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted February 26, 2010 Author Share Posted February 26, 2010 well I suppose that is one of your 5 a day Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 You deserve the wine Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 Off for 'coffee' - t'rar Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Space Chick Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 Have fun Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted February 26, 2010 Author Share Posted February 26, 2010 oooh coffee sounds good.... could do with a mug about now. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Valkyrie Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 Hi peeps. I did start a running commentary earlier, but it's gawn - lucky for you lot! Mum went in straight away for the eye test with the letters and just as we sat down for the next bit she was called in. We were there about 15 minutes overall. So went to Halfords and I now have nice new wipers on my car. Cleaned out the birdies - oh and I have discovered how to stop a broody silkie. Clean the eglu. She's been going bonkers with turkey impersonations - which look so funny because she puffs up like a huge pompom! She kept going in and out and eventually went off with the other girls. I think her bald tummy got a bit of a chill in the wind. It's bald because she's been pulling the feathers out to line the nest. Anyhoo - how awful for you Debbers - it sounds so unprofessional. Here's the gold star that Cookie wanted for you. Although I do think I could have helped you Aber is it Lewis????? I'm soooo hungry. I had an avocado for lunch as it's takeaway Friday. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted February 26, 2010 Author Share Posted February 26, 2010 thanks Kooj, I knew I could rely on you to get one for her.. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Space Chick Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 Phil is taking me out for a meal to cheer me up. Its to a very quiet restaurant, so I reckon I'll be fine See ya later Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted February 26, 2010 Author Share Posted February 26, 2010 take it easy matey.. xxxx Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Valkyrie Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 Enjoy your dinner. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted February 26, 2010 Share Posted February 26, 2010 Might be Aber Kooj - how did you guess? Coffee was good - took the baby from next door, I think people assume he's mine! I had a few smiles He was pulling really funny faces! - his ears and eyes are playing him up though been to the dr's about it + just has drops. Have a nice meal Debs I cleaned out the eglu earlier - have a bag of chicken poo in the garage, might see if my aunt wants it because she's starting to grow veg ... oh, and just remembered school are just starting up 'allotments' - they're really enthusiastic, but its round the back and all overgrown, will be good eventually Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...