LJ's Chooks

Chicken of fate?? (Sad news today)

Oh no! :anxious:

I do hope Mally is feeling better today. :pray: You'vedone such a good job with her LJ, I'm sure she has appreciated it no matter what the outcome.

I am also watching my oldest girl who looked a bit off colour yesterday. I gave her Nutri drops last night, so fingers crossed. If not, it's another trip to the vet tomorrow. :roll:

I spoke to LJ earlier & Mally has taken a little food syringed in.....she didn't seem to have improved nor dropped any further on the poorly scale at lunchtime.....more :pray: and positive thoughts please everyone.......she's got under all our skins hasn't she bless her little heart :anxious:

Huge {{hugs}} LJ if you pop in later

Sha x

morning everyone.

Well she is still hanging in there, but I seriously did not expect her to be. She had moved out of the nest area and was standing on the roost bars.

I thought that was good news and picked her up and brought her out onto the grass, she fell over and flapped a wing at me like she was fitting???? :shock:

I'm hoping sha is popping intoday, but I think I need to let her go. I fear I'm going to have to have her put to sleep... Perhaps her multi-lives havefinally run out.

Please keep the positive thoughts going cos I think I've run out! I can't get to a vets today, but will book her in tomorrow?????

Come on little one lay a softie and prove me wrong!!!! :pray::pray::pray:

Um - this is an awful situation for you both. She could have egg peritonitis, the symptoms fit it. EP isn't treatable I'm afraid. I realise she could have a multitude of other things, most of which we will never guess (ie internal problems) but my strong feeling is that she is at the stage that you have recognised - her end needs managing. No right or wrongs, the choice is yours between vet and possible treatment or PTS, cull, or hope and nurse her at home. I hope I'm wrong but I can't see her getting better without some intervention and if you wanted to go that route I would get her to the vet asap. She is very ill.

Oh Daphne I know she is gravely ill

she Still has a red comb and upright tail and She's had some magic medicines and has been standing and drinking. :think:

...And she's had lots of cuddles from auntie Sha in the sunshine today too. Thanks for visiting today, i think mally was quite comfy just snuggling, but I think all the others were quite jealous!