LJ's Chooks

Chicken of fate?? (Sad news today)

Have you considered contacting your local paper to see if they want to run the story? It might flush out the horrible person who did this to her in the process, or at least someone might know someone who knows someone who did this. Just a thought.

xxxx

I thought about talking to our local tv station too, but now I just really don't have the energy... And it's now a sad tale as she's no longer with us. If she had continued making progress as she was just a week ago then I would definitely have done something.

Thankyou everyone so much for all your kind thoughts, little mally had definitely captured lot of our hearts!!! I hope she's gone to a better place.

Oh this is so strange, almost a year to the day that she first came to us... I was talking about Mally to someone and recounting the story and then got a note to say a new post on this thread. If I believed that there is a greater being than us then I would be totally amazed by this..... err yep I'm totally amazed!!!

Mally was gorgeous in the end, a beautiful chicken, but it still makes me so angry as to how we came to have her in the first place and how abused she had been! :evil:

I hope she's up there in the big chicken coop in the sky watching over the lovely chicken mummies.... and pooing on those who abused her!!!

thanks for your thoughts.... Welsummers are such beautiful chooks.... i am so tempted to have a spree of chickenitis this spring.... but no welsummer could replace my poor little Mally, but anyone looking to keep chickens, I know which breed would be top of my list.... of course along with Orps, cream legbars, arucanas..... and and and....