LJ's Chooks

Chicken of fate?? (Sad news today)

Been following this thread with amazement (at some peoples disgusting treatment of animals incl. birds of course) and such respect for you for looking after this little lady with such love and care.

Dont ever think we are bored by your updates on Mallion, I think we have all secretly adopted her, she has so many Omlet Aunties wishing her well she just has to get better.

Keep up your wonderful good work with her and err..... more piccies would be lovely :wink:

:D

Sorry, I must try harder!! :(

She's going to be surrounded by daffodills soon as I'm using large pots of the to weigh the skirt of the eglu run down at the mo... But she's still qite scared of people at the moment, understandable really, and she's probably sick of me. I must start picking her out of the eglu for a cuddle and not just to give her potions and lotions!!

Limestone flour and a cuddle tomorrow... :D

Oh bless her, such a beautiful girl, how could someone have been so callous?

My thoughts exactly. Poor little neglected hen! :x

I'm so glad to see she has a lovely new caring chicken-mummy in you, LJ. I'm sure she'll appreciate all your loving care and attention once she's feeling better in herself. Get well soon little Mallion! :pray:

Good news today!!!

We think she's definitely improving....

Oh what fun we had on sunday. First of all we thought we'd move her eglu. Last time we locked her in the house and then lifted, but we worried about her falling of her roosting bars and hurting her legs, so this time we thought we'd lift and move her while she was in the run. BIG MISTAKE... of course she legged it under the cage and down the garden :anxious: so I guess this was a test to see if she had got used to being with nice people.... and we walked her up the garden ... with the children playing their role too :roll: and then, just as we were trying to figure out our next move, she just crouched and let us pick her up :clap::clap:

IMG_1790.jpg

And if that was not enough excitment for one day, look what we found in the eglu half an hour later ...

IMG_1792.jpg

What a clever little Mallion!! :dance:

Lets hope this is a really good sign that she is definitely settling in and on the road to recovery. We've moved her a little closer to our main run, and we took her over and introduced her to the ... err well the girls were not interested, but our cockerell had his beak pushed against the chicken wire :oops:

I think we need to keep them appart a little longer, i want to treat her again for worms and with frontline in another couple of weeks so that we can be certain the crawlies and wrigglies wont be back, and then I think we can start a long slow introduction process.