Reikiranf

Chickens at Ruxley Manor Garden Centre

Last week after I mentioned to Seagazer that I was going to get more chickens after Easter she told me that Ruxley Manor Garden centre in Sidcup was going to be getting them in :D

Conveniently I was already going there with a friend today, to use a buy one get one free breakfast voucher :oops: And low and behold there were lots of chickens! They have about 4 or 5 breeds, I can't remember which ones and neither could the member of staff looking after them, but there were speckledy grey looking ones, ones that looked like Miss Pepperpots & the brown battery hens, Light Sussex look alikies and black ones, the man I spoke to said that they are all fully vaccinated against common diseases and they are £17.99 each!

I'm still going to get mine from Henhouse poultry as I want a certain type but I thought some fellow omleteers might be interested to know they don't have to drive miles to get new girls!

Incidently for any other tightwads like myself, whilst you are there you can pick up a brochure that has gardening offers and plenty of bogof vouchers on breakfasts & hot drinks :dance:

Wow!!! I used to live near Ruxley Manor, and visited there quite frequently, but of course they didn't have chickens back then. It sounds like an interesting direction for them and just shows how popular chicken keeping has become 8)

Of course it's a bit far for me to travel for chooks these days, but might be worth a quick visit for a look round next time I visit the UK :D

Me and OH had our brekkie there today as well.

Decided I wont loose a stone before I go on holiday next Saturday, so seemed a shame to waste the voucher :lol::lol:

Chickens looked good think they had bluebells, or similar also Black Rock, lovely sheen to wings, (or what do I know, sound good though ) :lol:

Was suprised to see the price of the house and run £699.00, was pretty small and it said could hold 15 hens !!!!

Nice morning out and then came home and played with the girles, gave them all a pedicure due to malteser feet and now going to get ready to go out.

(pink eglu) + WIR

GNR Lavender

GNR Mable

(white chicken) Marjorie

GNR Violet

I never remember to take my vouchers with me when I go. I've got a calendar somewhere with some on. I'll have a look, YS (if I can persuade him to come with me) and I like to have a coffee and pastry whilst we're there.

OH is away and everytime he phones up asks if we have any more chickens yet :lol:

Seagazer, I'm a bit sad with vouchers & have a little clear plastic envelope that I put the vouchers in and keep in my handbag :oops: I have to otherwise I forget them!

Margaret, I was so busy looking at the chooks I didn't even look at the chicken houses let alone notice the price of them, but now you've told me :shock:

Had a lovely time with Reiki swinging on the garden chairs at Ruxley (sorry Reiki - I bottled out :roll::anxious: )

The chickens looked really nice, I can't decided whether to get them from there as they all appear to be brown egg layers and I really wanted a white and blue egg layer. Decisions, decisions. :think: I'm going to read up on a couple of the hybrids they have to decide. I do like the look of the bluebelle and they light sussex X. :D