hillfamily

Is this the new Mark 3 ?????????????????

:lol: But just don't tell chookiehubbie..... :wink:

...and don't tell Shep, I've ordered it! :oops: Purple with 2 new hens. :D:D

Annie, and all...the ladder is indeed matching colour in Eglu plastic as we wondered from the pic.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D I'm so excited, but wondering how to hide the cube. :shock::lol:

Annie, and all...the ladder is indeed matching colour in Eglu plastic as we wondered from the pic.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D I'm so excited, but wondering how to hide the cube. :shock::lol:

8)8) Brilliant news Sheila! Quick... get that icon added to your sig!

And the ladder will be purple too! 8) (How sad am I? :shock::lol: ) (Please DON'T answer that one folks)! :lol::lol:

:lol: But just don't tell chookiehubbie..... :wink:

Fantastic, hard to hide a purple egcube :wink::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::angel:

BBxx

Don't bother hiding it, just say the usual "what, this old thing, had it for ages" :D

I've not been on the forum for over a week and have just trawled through all these pages. I was getting excited and i'd already seen the cube in the shop :D

There's no way we can have one. Firstly we have just finished a new large run whuch takes up a quarter of the garden and secondly, what on earth would i do with all those eggs. :shock:

I do love it though :wink:

I’ve had a sudden thought that OH may get so attached to any chicks we hatch (unless they’re boys) that he’ll want to keep them. And the only way we could do that would be to get the MK3 as the wooden housing won’t take the big fat hybrids we’re hatching out.

How much do you think I’d get for my eglu on ebay? It’s a MK2 in green, with two peanuts, two glugs and a grub, and two extensions? I’ve spent quite a bit buying extras for it, and I don’t know whether I might do better just selling the standard eglu on ebay, and then selling the extras separately, either on ebay or on here. It’s my birthday soon, so I could ask for contributions towards it, and I’m selling my old bike as well as some other bits and pieces on ebay. But I’ll need the extension, so I’m looking at finding another £400, even if I managed to sell my eglu for £300.

I would sell all the extras separately. People new to hen-keeping will not appreciate how much they all cost, or why they might need them. You can sell them at the same time, and mention in each auction the other things that are available. You will get more money this way.

I think you said you have visiting foxes, as I do. One of the things that attracts me to the new Eglu is the way the skirt goes all the way round, and does not leave a vulnerable area around the Eglu. And it will be so easy to surround it with paving slabs for extra safety. But consider the width: you need more space each side, I am sure.

I am about to order my purple cube and a Pepperpot and Gingernut.

I always say goodnight to the laydees when I shut them up at night and give them a little stroke goodnight, and they always make a happy chortle noise.

I thought we all did this :oops:

A

xx

Ditto :D:D I most certainly say goodnight and give each of my girls a little stroke :D:D:D

The peanut is the old style feeder and drinker: it is shaped just like a peanut in its shell, and is suspended by hooks from the wire of the run.

The newer Glug is good, as it used to be too heavy to hang; but some of us like our old peanut for food better than the Grub. It's not available in the shop any more.

------

I always stroke my girls and say Goodnight. It's a way of checking that they are all safely in bed and well. I am always afraid of locking one out, and with shades all over the run I just can't see in the dark if anyone is still out.

with two peanuts, two glugs and a grub, and two extensions? quote]

heres me showing my newness. whats a peanut if its not a grub?

No, it's just that my eglu came with the old style feeders. They're smaller and have metal hooks on the back. Not great for water at all, but I now use both of mine for food. I do like the look of the new feeders and drinkers, and it would be good not to have to stick pots behind my poop tray (the fox got it out once and terrorised a pekin who died a week later). Thanks for the advice Gallina, I think you're right.

I mentioned it to OH when he got home and he said that if I sell my old Riley I can have one :shock::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Ooohh

Any pics?

Joe's mum and dad have an old Riley - could go very nicely with the Austin A35!!

:wink:

A

xx

Am having problems with photobucket and cannot upload the pic :roll: I can always e-mail it to you if you want. Just send me a pm with your address :wink:

I think there are doors on both sides Sarah.

We all really do need a good play with it don't we?

When those of us who have ordered them get them, perhaps those of you who live close would like to come round and see it??? :D

Is that an offer Annie? :D

You bet! Would love to see you! There's a new section in the "Visit and Eglu Owner" in Eglu forum where there's a list of up and coming Eglu Cube owners willing to have an "open day" :lol:

Great :D Will bring a bottle or two :oops: Will really look forward to it :D