Redwing Posted May 5, 2010 Share Posted May 5, 2010 I have an inccy that rocks on a cradle and I have a different larger flatter machine that hatches the eggs At day 18 eggs get moved from the first inccy to the second to hatch On Saturday I moved a load of eggs and they started hatching last night, perfect Hubby said he came home this afternoon and he suddenly heard a ker plunk, plunk, plunkity plunk plunk noise from the kitchen, he went to take a look and a chick had hatched in the rocking inccy which was at a steep angle by bursting upwards out of the egg and bouncing down the other eggs to the bottom of the inccy I think I need to mark the eggs with the date from now on Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted May 5, 2010 Share Posted May 5, 2010 Awww Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chook n Boo Mum Posted May 5, 2010 Share Posted May 5, 2010 Poor Mr Redwing, he must wonder what he's going to come home to next Sha x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chick wiggle Posted May 5, 2010 Share Posted May 5, 2010 Aww bless it, what a welcome to the world Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Madchook Posted May 5, 2010 Share Posted May 5, 2010 Have you named this chick Kerplunk by any chance? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Redwing Posted May 5, 2010 Author Share Posted May 5, 2010 Poor Mr Redwing, he must wonder what he's going to come home to next Sha x I know! he calmly retrieved it and put it with the others, I think he is getting used to it all now Out so far: 4 Barred Dottes - best result yet after so many clear eggs 1 Pekin - yet another odd coloured one 2 gold Thuringians MC I#d name it Kerplunk but I dont know which one it was Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted May 6, 2010 Share Posted May 6, 2010 awwwww Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ClaireG Posted May 6, 2010 Share Posted May 6, 2010 Poor little chickie. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Falkor Posted May 6, 2010 Share Posted May 6, 2010 Bless - the little one was ready to make an entrance and she certainly did! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted May 6, 2010 Share Posted May 6, 2010 Awww, bless it. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chicken Shirl Posted May 6, 2010 Share Posted May 6, 2010 I love that story. Congrats on the chickies so far. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...