Chucky Mama

Longest Time On Hold

Ok, what is the longest time that you have been on the phone trying to resolve an issue with a purchase? I know someone will be able to beat me but I thought I'd start the ball rolling. Bought new ipod from Apple- faulty after 1 day (despite it being refurbished and therefore 'rigorously checked' before resale :roll: ). 35 mins yesterday on phone going through various things to get it working. 55 mins today trying to resolve getting a replacement plus and extra 10 mins sorting out a refund for the extended warranty that I was missold :roll:

Total 100mins

And there was me thinking that the half an hour my mum spent yesterday on the phone before she got to speak to a human was a long time :lol: It was the Irish passport office who don't do anything at all in a hurry, be it answering the phone or issuing a new passport after one has expired :roll: They've had dads passport there for two months, I only hope they can find it in themselves to send his new one before he's due to come on holiday with us on June 1st :shock:

Definitely BT when we had broadband from them, so no choice but to wait to get through. An hour minimum each time, then wrong dept, another hour, many, many times over. :wall::wall: They insisted there shouldn't be a problem, even though there clearly was one, which made the hours waiting even worse. Until they found the fault at the local exchange.

I would literally have to put aside a day at home to make the calls &, like you, would try and be getting on with paperwork whilst waiting.

When I changed to O2 I nearly cried when they answered the phone in a few seconds!

Hmm. Orange broadband - used to regularly spend a couple of hours on the phone to them to try and sort out our broadband which would routinely stop working for WEEKS.

Hackney Council. Too boring to go into how long we were bounced from dept to dept to ALMO to Contractor, but that's one of the reasons we moved (the other being their habit of doubling our service charge each year and randomly sending us bills for maintenance and repair to our block, which somehow wasn't being paid out of out £100 a month service charge. £10k to replace a roof which was only 15 years old was my favourite, especially when we noticed that 20% of it was administration charges and while replacing the roof they completely trashed my garden, my patio door and my patio).

Favourite is Admiral when we were trying to sort out our claim for OH's accident at Christmas. They wrote off our car, which was worth about £1000 and in the end we got a cheque for £200. Sigh. The stereo was worth more than that. Anyway, the phone calls came to around £60. Not impressed with their stupid high rate line.

Wolverhampton Wanderers ticket office every other Saturday for the past nine months when tickets for away matches go on sale. Usually at least 30 minutes on redial trying to get into the queue, followed by up to one hour at £0.10 pence per minute.

This is usually after the "online sales" has been suspended due to numbers of people applying.

Thomas Cook Airlines are a nightmare for keeping you holding on! :roll::roll::roll:

'You are currently number 78 in the queue, your call is important to us and will be answered shortly'

Interpret as

'You are currently 78 in the queue, we dont have enough operators to answers your call and it will be Christmas before you get through'

Mine was with our car insurance company last year. Dh had an accident and I called their freephone number to report and sort out the details and I was put on hold music. After about 20mins of listening to Greensleeves, I put the phone on the side on loudspeaker and waited and waited and waited until the previously full battery ran dead in the handset! :shock:

35 mins yesterday on phone going through various things to get it working. 55 mins today trying to resolve getting a replacement plus and extra 10 mins sorting out a refund for the extended warranty that I was missold :roll:

Total 100mins

OK add another 35 mins as the new ipod arrived today and is also faulty :twisted: Would have been longer but after repeating the story for the 7th time I asked to speak to whoever was the most senior member of staff available. They did the 'hello, how are you today' - wished they hadn't as I gave them both barrels. Then, poor chap said to wind up the call (after arranging yet another collection and replacement) 'is there anything else I can help you with?'..I said yes, how are you planning to compensate me? - I will be receiving a ipod case, better earphones or speakers free of charge. If you don't ask you don't get :lol: