Lavenders_Blue Posted June 8, 2010 Share Posted June 8, 2010 Chickens in the house? Heavens above, no! There's enough chicken poo in the garden without it being deposited all over the house too Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickenNutter Posted June 8, 2010 Share Posted June 8, 2010 Come on, admit it guys, if they didn't poo, you would all have them in! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blue-DiamondChick07 Posted June 8, 2010 Share Posted June 8, 2010 Come on, admit it guys, if they didn't poo, you would all have them in! I would! I'd let 'em live indoors if I could toilet train Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Millie-Annie Posted June 8, 2010 Share Posted June 8, 2010 Mine all come in, I wish they didn't but they do. On Sunday we were eating our sandwiches outside, complete with Marigold chicken on the patio table, when it started to rain. We came indoors to finish our lunch and when I went back out in the kitchen she was curled up asleep on the back door mat, just inside the kitchen, like a little dog. She is so naughty, but so so lovely Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Laura & CTB Posted June 9, 2010 Share Posted June 9, 2010 Mine will wander in given half a chance but I have stone floors so it's easy to clear up after them. The down side is that stone floors are quite slippery for chickens -they walk round extra slowly so as not to do their Torvill & Dean impressions! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chook n Boo Mum Posted June 9, 2010 Share Posted June 9, 2010 Errrr yes they do......sometimes stealthily, then announce themselves, scaring the living daylights out of any humans in the room, or clattering in like a herd of latenight teenagers all trying very hard to be quiet after a pint of cider Occasionally we get left a present, though more often than not we don't...........my 3 original girls have just been in for a visit, I think Bluebell was settling down to lay in my Lab's cage when Buttercup came in & disturbed her ......where one goes the others invariably follow In the event of gifts being left, I have a carpet cleaner which lives near the back door as I have another Lab who is prone to "blooping" up water & a little of whatever else she's just eaten which is often unpleasant , so it just gets switched on & a clean patch miraculously appears Sha x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cranfield Kate Posted June 9, 2010 Share Posted June 9, 2010 mine step over the cat to come in the house! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jimnpaula Posted June 9, 2010 Share Posted June 9, 2010 chicken nappies anyone? P Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
emmab Posted June 9, 2010 Share Posted June 9, 2010 ha ha ha just clicked on your link and love the really random pic of a man with a chicken on his head (pic no 15) brilliant!!! ha ha ha x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kit Posted June 10, 2010 Share Posted June 10, 2010 ahhhhhhh NO I would be in so much trouble! just had retractable fly screens fitted...what a godsend. they sit within in upvc frame box which is flush to the french doors so it is not noticeable. Now I can have door and windows wide open with no flies and no hens Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
docsquid Posted June 10, 2010 Share Posted June 10, 2010 They would be in like a shot if they could. They sit on the windowsill tapping with their beaks to be let in! We have a complicated arrangement of Omlet netting around the garden which means we can target them towards various bits of grass. Most arrangements shut them off from the back door, but some don't. If I forget which one we are using and leave the back door open, Megan is in like a shot. Although we have wooden floors which are easy to clean, I think I'd prefer they stayed outside, really. Plus one of the cats is terrified of them, so the house is his sanctuary, bless him. If I let them in he'd have nowhere to hide. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...