mostin

Aggressive Cockerel

Oh Mostin, how did i miss this??? :shock:

Im so glad Bill has had a reprieve :dance: you know how much i love him

Bill? BEHAVE YOURSELF!!! :shameonu:

:dance:

Chickens just amaze me. Bingo ( Spongebobs son) can be a little monkey sometimes, but pick him up & he goes so soppy - it's funny. They must have mood swings? :lol:

Emma.x

They are such strange little creatures aren't they? Some days he sits on my knee and closes his eyes and goes to sleep, and other days he is a demon :roll: . It must be all the hormones :lol::lol:

This is probably a really stupid question - but can cockerels be neutered ? it seems to do the job on calming down dogs and tom cats .....

They used to do it very commonly. A castrated cockerel is called a Capon. I hate to think what went on in the old days, as the testes of a cockerel are internal, but people did it to their own animals at home or on the farm.

It was done because capons were favourites to eat and they put on vast amounts of weight and are much more tender than just normal cockerels.

I don't know if you would find a vet who would do the op, as they may be afraid that your boy would gain so much weight he would soon loose mobility and quality of life :( .

Any body else got any more info on this? I'm just dredging up from what I've heard from the old boys at my poultry club.

And by the way...........no such things as stupid qustions on here Dixie Chick :shameonu::shameonu::shameonu: , if you are thinking it, at least 100 other people must be :lol::lol::lol: .