Alis girls

Fascination - what fascinates you?

Congratulations Looney :D

As I added to this thread before, I still find motherhood and my children fascinating now and they are nearly 13, 14, and nearly 17. I still don't believe that I helped make them :D

I got to be fascinated quite a lot yesterday evening. We went to ED's school prizegiving, she got an award for excellent GCSE results. It was held in Gloucester cathederal and afterwards, we walked around the cloisters where some of the scenes for the Harry Potter films were shot. The roof was illuminated, but the cloisters themselves were in semi darkness, it was really beautiful. There were also quite a few weird and wonderful sculptures in the cathederal and the cloisters and they were pretty fascinating too :D

Thanks for the congratulations! :D I look forward to hearing news on your nephew arriving Space Chick, very exciting but the wait can seem to last forever before they actually show their face! :lol:8)

Something else occurred to me today on the train. I am fascinated by people that take the outside seat on the train, put their bags on the inside seat and then desperately try to ignore the fact that the train is getting busier and busier and people are having to stand.....and then they are annoyed or "surprised" when asked to move their bags so someone can sit down! I love watching their reactions! :lol:

Dinosuars and evolution of animals since I first whatched steve irwin when I was about 5.

Oh and chickens of course. I just love how one species can blossom into many wierd and wonderful looking things.

Fire crackling in the fireplace on a cold dark winters night.

And the vast outdoors- I could have sat and stared over the grand canyon forever

Several things which are.

1, the SEA always loved it.

2, Water why if heat rises does water freeze from the top down. (water is at its densest at 4c that's why). If it froze from the bottom up, would there be life on Earth?.

3, Jack Russells, Chickens and Small Tortoiseshell Butterflies.

4, Women

5, How does the man who drives the snowplough, get to work?.

Yes I agree - people.

And yes, that whole pregnancy thing - it still amazes me that I managed to do that 3 times.

But I'd have to say that it's my children who are aged 15, 13 and 8 now. Every day I look at them changing and listen to their own ideas and watch them grow and they fascinate me all over again.

I'm in love with my own children - but also aware that I'm enjoying it whilst I can - it won't be long before they're off doing they're own thing and I have to make an appointment to see them...

But then, at least I'll have the chickens... :lol:

I am sorry to say,but serial killers & people who do awful things for (as I see it) no good reason fascinate me.

I can watch docu after docu on Jack The Ripper/Ted Bundy & so on.

Also, phenomenon fascinate me.

Things like ball lightning,tornadoes,floods,earthquakes & so forth.

I am also fascinated by how things came to be.

For instance I am reading 'At Home' by Bill Bryson & he ponders how exactly man went from a grain of wheat to a loaf of bread,when it is such a complex & ambitious process.

I too could think about how that came to pass for hours..............