coco Posted October 22, 2010 Share Posted October 22, 2010 (edited) Please tell me I don't need more girls. I am gong with a freind tomorrow to the place where I got my original girls from. She is going to get silkies or Polands. I'm only going to have a look although I do have an empty house and run and will soon have a 160 square foot WIR that I know is going to need more hens. Should i do the sensible thing and wait till WIR is finished ? I'm going to tell 'OH that I'm just replacing Coco who died about 3 weeks ago therefore I'm not really getting more hens just keping numbers the same. hopefully he will have forgotten that chickens come in a least twos. Edited October 23, 2010 by Guest Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted October 22, 2010 Share Posted October 22, 2010 You don't need more hens. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
migsy Posted October 22, 2010 Share Posted October 22, 2010 Of course you don't need more hens but hey, just get some anyway! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
daxigirl Posted October 22, 2010 Share Posted October 22, 2010 You don't need any more hens . You could have chicks though, they're not classified as hens or even growers and a pullet isn't a hen according to the definitions I've read. Of course you do, just buy them and stop pretending, that's a lot of run that needs pooping in. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chick wiggle Posted October 22, 2010 Share Posted October 22, 2010 "Ooops, word censored!"ody needs more hens ..........except Omeleteers! We ALWAYS need more!!! Whoops sorry, noooooo, you dont need more hens Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
craftyhunnypie Posted October 22, 2010 Share Posted October 22, 2010 Rubbish! You do need more hens! Emma.x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
MammaT Posted October 22, 2010 Share Posted October 22, 2010 YOU do not need more hens. HOWEVER, I feel it's only fair to point out that the WIR's entire 'raison d'etre' is to accommodate as many hens as possible so strictly speaking it's not you - it's the WIR - big run = MORE HENS... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chortle Chook Posted October 22, 2010 Share Posted October 22, 2010 Well you could get a cockerel Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chicken Shirl Posted October 22, 2010 Share Posted October 22, 2010 You have already told us your plan so go for it girl. You seem to need more hens so I am not telling you otherwise. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
groovydad Posted October 22, 2010 Share Posted October 22, 2010 You would only be fulfilling your WIR'S life potential. It's reason for being! If you didn't fill it then all those trees (substitute whatever it's made of) that died to make your run would have died for nothing. The run would feel like it wasn't living it's life's purpose. Plus it's a big run. If it wasn't full then the chickens you do have would feel lost and lonely in such a big space. They like the safety of other chickens. When you look at it that way, getting more chickens is the only RESPONSIBLE thing to do !! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Steve the Gas Posted October 22, 2010 Share Posted October 22, 2010 Can steel die?.............. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
coco Posted October 23, 2010 Author Share Posted October 23, 2010 Well I have now got more hens, despite all my mutterings about broody silkie crosses I have come home with two black silkie crosses and a sultan. One of the silkie crosses is a frizzle she's lovely and my freind talked me into taking the other one she does look a lot like Coco and she has huge dark eyes, very pretty. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted October 23, 2010 Share Posted October 23, 2010 Great news what a fab weekend Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
goodinparts Posted October 23, 2010 Share Posted October 23, 2010 Wonderful...Can we have pictures, please? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
coco Posted October 23, 2010 Author Share Posted October 23, 2010 I wil try and get pics asap although they are all very nervous and Olivia the Sultan looks like she's about to have a nervous breakdown, bless her. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Maureen Lamb Posted October 23, 2010 Share Posted October 23, 2010 Well done. I said three chickens and thats it, with one woodern coop. Then I read about Omlet, Why oh! Why. Now I have will be selling, , and today I picked up another . Yes they have chickens and chicks in all. I will shout to you no more, will you shout back to me. Thank you Omlet, my chickens are my babies, friends and help me relax. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...