Janty

Slow cooker / bread maker advice

I've killed our slow cooker through over use and it's not going to be long before the breadmaker gives up too (it's making loads of noise and it is nearly ten years old).

:(

I am now looking at these two slow cookers and wondered if anybody had any experience of them. The Prestige is looking favourite at the moment as it has an auto setting, something I missed on our last one.

These are the two...

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/prestige!REG-family-slow-cooker/F/keyword/Slow+cooker/product/11940

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4236973/Trail/searchtext%3ESLOW+COOKER.htm#pdpFullProductInformation

Here is the bread maker...

http://www.johnlewis.com/230843359/Product.aspx

Thanks for looking.

Hi sorry if I'm pointing out the obvious but its not a like for like comparison as the sizes of the slow cooker are different.

I have two slow cookers as I found my usual one wasn't big enough, I recently bought a 6 litre one and although I love oversize cooking and freezing I struggle to fill it. However I do agree with the above post that if you are going to use it for joints it is worth it. So my advice is to really consider what the correct size is for you.

I hope that helps

Hi sorry if I'm pointing out the obvious but its not a like for like comparison as the sizes of the slow cooker are different.

I have two slow cookers as I found my usual one wasn't big enough, I recently bought a 6 litre one and although I love oversize cooking and freezing I struggle to fill it. However I do agree with the above post that if you are going to use it for joints it is worth it. So my advice is to really consider what the correct size is for you.

I hope that helps

I realise that the sizes are different but thanks for the advice. I love entertaining and often when we have parties, I borrow Dad's slow cooker and use the two. The 6.5 litre would come in handy for parties but I'm thinking that the 4.5 litre might be more useful for everyday use. We used to have a 3.5 litre and it was too small. I suppose that I am really asking to see whether people have found them reliable, etc.

I think I started the last thread on breadmakers. :lol: and ended up with a Panasonic too.

I have to say I so love making bread, tried all sorts now and its a fab piece of kitchen equipment. Wouldnt be without it. The only disaster we have had was a packet mix of Sundried tomatoes, parmasan cheese bread.... it came out ok but tasted :vom::vom::vom: . Neither of us liked the taste.

Hubby was against me having a breadmaker but now he thinks its been a great item.

You wont regret owing one. :D:D

My slow cooker came today. I went for the 4.5 litre Prestige one. I'm going to christen it tomorrow so fingers crossed.

Just the breadmaker to go. I would jump at a Panasonic given the reviews from you lot but they only seem to do them in white and I have a very black and steel kitchen.