Alis girls

Elderly rabbit died this morning

Our elderly male rabbit slipped into a coma yesterday and died this morning. It is a year since I posted about his sister being PTS last half term. Have had a good cry and my youngest has too. ES 15 has held it together as teens do. (brown rabbit) RIP Bracken - now with his sister Dandelion (brown rabbit)

The most heartbreaking thing was I said to my ES we might get another rabbit or 2 and he replied he wouldnt be there to see them grow up as he would be off to uni. That bought a fresh load of tears. I have a 9 year old too - do you think I'm mad to want more rabbits? My friend thinks I'm mad

I am so sorry,

My Derek Died two years ago at a ripe on age of 9, He seemed to have a heart attack

and i knew it was the end and sat holding him all night, I whispered in his ear to got if he wanted to and he did.

They are little strong spirits and you are not mad for wanting more, I will alway have bunnies.

We planted a lovely rose in memory of Derek and i will do the same for Dougle (who died suddenly at Christmas).

Lots of hug from Me Noel and Ruby xxx

Thanks everyone - buried him next to his sister today - another snivel - will get a little plant tommorrow - YS watched from kitchen as its bucketing it down and hes full of cold. I miss him in the mornings as I nip to let the girls out no little face peering at me for his brekkie. Thats 2 half terms we have lost pets - hope this isnt going to happen every year - I could get parnoid. Am going to go on a rabbit rescue site - see if theres any babies - when is the prime time for babies to be born? sure someone will know - is it spring?

So sorry about your loss. RIP Bracken :cry:

& No, your definately not mad for wanting more! My lionhead rabbit, Elvis died last August, he was 9 years old. The day before he died he was running around the garden like normal and then I found him in the morning, I think he had a heart-attack. I now have lots of bunnies, they keep me happy, I love them. Such great pets!! :D

I found 4 babies on the RSPCA site and a lot of rabbits needing homes - some fairly young. Our vet led us to believe that rabbits dont live to be that old and that our 2 were OAP;s but it seems that a lot of people had elderly buns. Grracee - exactly the same thing as your rabbit Elvis - on Monday I gave him some chopped veg which he was happily crunching away at - I can't believe by Thursday he was in a coma and then died. So much in such a short time. Thanks for the support - my son has perked up a bit at the thought of a new pet - hes full of cold and has been very tearful - nice to see him smiling again. Thanks Ali x

I found 4 babies on the RSPCA site and a lot of rabbits needing homes - some fairly young. Our vet led us to believe that rabbits dont live to be that old and that our 2 were OAP;s but it seems that a lot of people had elderly buns. Grracee - exactly the same thing as your rabbit Elvis - on Monday I gave him some chopped veg which he was happily crunching away at - I can't believe by Thursday he was in a coma and then died. So much in such a short time. Thanks for the support - my son has perked up a bit at the thought of a new pet - hes full of cold and has been very tearful - nice to see him smiling again. Thanks Ali x

Rabbits can be known to live 10+ years. Most people say it's on average about 6 - 8 years.

It's very strange how they just seem to take ill straight away, I was in shock when I found my bunny because I never expected it at all! I'm glad your son is feeling abit better about it now. :)