beach chick

real crocs vs beach shop knock-offs?

I bought my first Crocs in September 2006 and have worn nothing else since. The originals from then are now completely worn out and need replacing.

I have just invested in some lined Caymans which are very nice. They should last me a good few winters! I also have some wrapped, raised Mary Jane type Crocs which I wear for smart things. They are comfortable and don't make my feet too hot.

I've never tried a cheap alternative as I am s"Ooops, word censored!"bishly convinced they can't be as good or as comfortable! :lol:

Yaaaayyy - I've just found out they have got a stand at the NEC Craft show this week and guess where I'm going tomorrow!!

I've showed OH too and he's asked me to get a pair of the nut and bolt ones - don't know which ones I'll get yet, but with a bit of luck they might have a show special offer on. :dance:

Dawn x

I am now almost tempted to get myself a pair :shock: I did have a look at the crocs website and see they do some medical ones, which are especially for people who have plantar faciitis and other feet problems. My mum has this so I am thinking of getting her some for mothers day. Anyone worn these particular crocs and if so are they as good as they claim?

ooh I've just clicked the backdoor shoes link... lovely! think I may have to invest in a pair but choosing will be hard.

fit flops are great, if anyone's tried those? but expensive - however, after breaking my ankle last year, I found they were about the only thing that got me walking really comfortably again.

I hold you Omleteers totally responsible :shock:

Went to the Ideal Home Show today and somehow ended up buying a pair of Backdoor Shoes in the rose design 8)

There was a Croc stand up there as well but I was more impressed with the Backdoor and they were a tad cheaper.

DH looked at them and just said "oh well, if the peeps on the Omlet forum say they are good, who am I to argue???"

I think he's learning :wink:

Which ones did you get in the end Beach chick? I'm seriously thinking of ordering some as my old fake crocs, which Christian's description of hearing aid beige seems to be the same colour as mine, seem to be on their last legs :wink::lol: I've also got them a bit paint spattered.

When I saw this thread my first thought was not Crocs - get backdoorshoes - then saw the post from Plum about them!!

I bought myself some pink roses ones & wore them even in the snow!! (only when doing chooks etc. not to go out in :lol: )

Got OH and son some shed shoes with nuts and bolts on they love them! Also got some for FIL for xmas.

Washable, rplaceable liners, non slip, comfy - love them :D

:roll: Backdoor shoes now on order :roll:

It struck me,as I was deciding which pattern to get,that they could do with an Aubiose & occasional hen poo patterned pair :lol:

Then that cockerel wouldn't see my feet - as a Poland he can only see down - & attack them.

I went with grass in the end,figuring the red chillies would be pushing my luck :roll::lol: