mostin

Annual DEFRA registration update !!!!

Even though I don't have over 50 chooks I have always been registered as I want to know if there is avian flu in my area.

I just got my form through to update my details this year.

I have to add 30 chickens to my numbers from last year :shock: , and 3 extra chicken houses :lol::lol::lol:

Oooooooooppppsss :wink:

I'd be interested to know what registering entails. I don't have 50 but I'm not far off TBH! I assumed I'd have to inform them everytime I changed numbers but it sounds like that's not the case!

Do you get visited? What else do you have to do?

If you google Defra and hunt round the site, you will find this info :D

I'd be interested to know what registering entails. I don't have 50 but I'm not far off TBH! I assumed I'd have to inform them everytime I changed numbers but it sounds like that's not the case!

Do you get visited? What else do you have to do?

If you google Defra and hunt round the site, you will find this info :D

Yep have already found that thanks, but was looking for real life experiences...

Yep have already found that thanks, but was looking for real life experiences...

Not quite sure what you mean :think: , but hope I'm being helpful by saying that I have never had any visits or phone calls. I just get the letter once a year, asking me to update my information.

Thanks for that, just wasn't sure about the notifying numbers thing... the site says that you have to notify 'significant changes' but that could mean anything from ringing them up every time you get a new one to filling in a form once a year.

Good to hear it's the latter!

I've not been visited yet but potentially it could happen (seems less likely than visits for farm animals such as cows/sheep though)

You fill in a form initially saying how many coops and chickens you have, the purpose of the chickens and how may places chooks have come in to you from and how many places you have sold/given chooks to

Its not a particularly lengthy form but its hard to remember how many chooks are for eggs, meat, showing and growers/chicks if you have a few

You then get sent a copy fo your info every now and again and you add any updates

Thats about it :D

Just done it online and what a faff! Not only can't you do it using Safari (so my Macbook is no use to do it!) or Firefox (which is what I have on an old laptop, so you have to use IE (infact they ask for IE 6!!!!! - how outdated!), but the 'find address thing make it crash so you have to keep starting again!

I hope they're grateful at my honesty at registering with 51 birds!

I think it did that to me a few times - there is a link at one point on the site that take you to their 'new' search and I think that worked a bit better.

Can't believe in this day and age I nearly had to actually ring someone up! Even the download form option didn't work!