Chicken shack

The One Show *4th update* *Link on page 5 & 7*

I agree Russell Brand is a :silenced: his minder walked through saying mind Russell comming through and don't ask for his autogragh as he is working. What a :silenced:

Well done on the show it was good to watch. However I think your RB comments are very unfair, he's a great bloke and very very funny when he wants to be. Many celebs get nervous before shows and have to relax in their own way, if that means they don't want to speak to people while they get themselves prepared mentally then that's their decision.

I have met my own "god", Paul Stanley from KISS, several times back stage. He also gets nervous and has 10 minutes before a show to himself without speaking to anyone, it can seem rude when you're there but it's just how he works. I imagine the same applies to Russell.

My first post here, but just want to say that I was at the show last night - it was our chicks they hatched and held - and the only person I saw asking people not to request autographs etc was with the One Show, not Russell. In fact, we waited till the audience left the studio and then asked Russell if he would mind posing for some pics with me and the chicks. He happily obliged and was a lovely bloke. (and I now have 3 photos to treasure! )

But as he quite rightly said last night, "as a human being, not everyone can like you."

Some people will always find bad things to say about him whatever he says and does. That's just life.

But as he quite rightly said last night, "as a human being, not everyone can like you."

Some people will always find bad things to say about him whatever he says and does. That's just life.

There was a mini panic by us during rehearsal, they told us they were going to introduce us and point the camera at us - and we absolutely did NOT want to be filmed, only agreed to go on the show if we weren't being filmed! Thankfully it was just crew confusion, and it was YOU chicken ladies they wanted to point the camera at! *phew*

Your VTs looked really good. Well done :o)

Here's the link for anyone who missed it :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/i/b010jsx0/?t=30m40s

LuckyChickenLover You are so clever to link to this to the thread. :clap: Thank you. Now if I want to save it how do I do that :?::?

I'm afraid that as Fred said, you can't :( . The episode will remain on the iPlayer website for one week, but if you want to keep it for longer then you can download a program from the BBC iPlayer website which will enable you to keep them for up to a month, saved on your computer. The downloaded program will remain on your computer for you to watch as much as you want, HOWEVER, it will expire 7 days after you first watch it... if that made sense :? . So for example if you downloaded it on the 1st of the month, you would have until the 31st to watch it, but if you watched it on the 2nd then it would be deleted on the 9th... I hope that made sense :?

There are a few ways you could keep it forever. You could use a program like Hypercam or Camstudio (both free to download and virus-free) to record the clip while you watch it on iPlayer, but 1. I don't think this is legal, and 2. I'm pretty sure that neither Hypercam nor Camstudio will record the audio.

I think the easiest thing to do is to phone up BBC and ask if you can have a copy because you are in it :D . They'll probably give it to you.

Hope that helped :D

- LCL GNR

P.S. Welcome to the forum, Bubzy! :D

Taken from here: **LINK**

If you've made a significant contribution to a BBC TV or radio programme (for example, if you were a performer or a member of the production team), you can request a contributor's copy of the show if it is held in the archives.

We can only supply this material to applicants who either contributed to the making of the programme or made a personal appearance, or where a relative has made a personal contribution or your company/organisation/property was featured.

Unfortunately we're unable to provide copies of programmes where members of the public have seen themselves in studio audiences or crowd shots.

For further details on eligibility requirements, costs and what can or can't be provided as part of this service, visit the ‘Contributor Access Application Process' page.

It looks like that's your answer :D

Welcome Buzby I was really anxious for your chicks in case they kept opening the incubator or knocked it or something. What breed are they? :D

They had 20 eggs of a mix of breeds. The one that hatched on the show was a buff orpington.

There were also welsummers, lavender araucanas, speckled and light sussex, silver pencilled wyandotte and scots grey.

They collected the eggs from us on Tuesday and we were there from 12 on the Friday to just be on hand in case of any problems really. All the crew were really careful around the incubator and chicks (although Chris Evans did thump on the top of it during the show!!)

Just hope all the hob"Ooops, word censored!"bing with celebrities won't lead to chicks with inflated egos! lol

I agree Russell Brand is a :silenced: his minder walked through saying mind Russell comming through and don't ask for his autogragh as he is working. What a :silenced:

Well done on the show it was good to watch. However I think your RB comments are very unfair, he's a great bloke and very very funny when he wants to be. Many celebs get nervous before shows and have to relax in their own way, if that means they don't want to speak to people while they get themselves prepared mentally then that's their decision.

I have met my own "god", Paul Stanley from KISS, several times back stage. He also gets nervous and has 10 minutes before a show to himself without speaking to anyone, it can seem rude when you're there but it's just how he works. I imagine the same applies to Russell.

I said it like it was thats all, I presume you must know him personally :?:

Edited by Guest

My first post here, but just want to say that I was at the show last night - it was our chicks they hatched and held - and the only person I saw asking people not to request autographs etc was with the One Show, not Russell. In fact, we waited till the audience left the studio and then asked Russell if he would mind posing for some pics with me and the chicks. He happily obliged and was a lovely bloke. (and I now have 3 photos to treasure! )

There was a mini panic by us during rehearsal, they told us they were going to introduce us and point the camera at us - and we absolutely did NOT want to be filmed, only agreed to go on the show if we weren't being filmed! Thankfully it was just crew confusion, and it was YOU chicken ladies they wanted to point the camera at! *phew*

Your VTs looked really good. Well done :o)

Welcome to the forum. Sorry but what VTs stand for:?: I have never been so nervous in my life and the thought of saying anything live on air would have pushed me over the edge. :lol: The film crew were fantastic and made what looked like mayhem to me into a slick production. Your chicks were adorable, I would love to hatch and rear some but I don't have the space. Maybe one day. I never said that RB asked not to be approached it was one of his minders. Infact he gave me a big smile at one point. However I still don't get him sorry. :( But as he said last night, "as a human being, not everyone can like you."

If you've made a significant contribution to a BBC TV or radio programme (for example, if you were a performer or a member of the production team), you can request a contributor's copy of the show if it is held in the archives.

We can only supply this material to applicants who either contributed to the making of the programme or made a personal appearance, or where a relative has made a personal contribution or your company/organisation/property was featured.

Unfortunately we're unable to provide copies of programmes where members of the public have seen themselves in studio audiences or crowd shots.

For further details on eligibility requirements, costs and what can or can't be provided as part of this service, visit the ‘Contributor Access Application Process' page.

Thank you LCL I will get in touch with them and let you know. :D

VT is video tape.

I know you didn't say Russell said it, but what I was saying is that I think the person that DID say it was not Russell's minder, but a person working for the One Show. The floor manager I think.

You don't have to get him or like him. Not everyone can or will. But personally I think slagging him off on a public forum is a bit harsh. You asked Kissinuk if they know him personally in order to be sticking up for him. Surely the same applies if you're going to say nasty things about him?

Anyhoo, not something Iintend to get into a debate about. Each and every one of us is entitled to our own opinion and how they choose to present that opinion to the world.

For me, having Russell as the guest the same night as our chicks just couldn't have been more perfect. For you, not so much. Thankfully the world's a wide and varied place with room for us all.

VT is video tape.

I know you didn't say Russell said it, but what I was saying is that I think the person that DID say it was not Russell's minder, but a person working for the One Show. The floor manager I think.

You don't have to get him or like him. Not everyone can or will. But personally I think slagging him off on a public forum is a bit harsh. You asked Kissinuk if they know him personally in order to be sticking up for him. Surely the same applies if you're going to say nasty things about him?

Anyhoo, not something Iintend to get into a debate about. Each and every one of us is entitled to our own opinion and how they choose to present that opinion to the world.

For me, having Russell as the guest the same night as our chicks just couldn't have been more perfect. For you, not so much. Thankfully the world's a wide and varied place with room for us all.

'Marmite' You either love it of hate it. :lol:

Thank you LCL mind you it is a bit expensive. I am hoping someone has made a copy from the TV. :) I think you should get a job in computers and or research you are very talented. :clap:

Thank you LCL mind you it is a bit expensive. I am hoping someone has made a copy from the TV. :) I think you should get a job in computers and or research you are very talented. :clap:

Bloomin' heck! :shock: I just saw the price! I assumed that it would be free but apparently not :shock: .

*Blush* Thanks :)

Anyway, looks like Fred has sorted out a copy for you :D Fred's our proper IT guy, it's him you should be thanking- not me!

LCL, I just noticed your username had a "-" at the end of it.

That was because I'm an idiot and I signed up using the wrong email address. When I signed up as 'LuckyChickenLover', I typed in '.com', instead of '.co.uk', so I couldn't get the conformation email :doh:

I signed up again, but obviously I couldn't use the same username so I just added a hyphen at the end. :)