helenp

new house

Hi Everyone,

Me & Hubby have just had an offer accpeted on a fantastic new house with a 1/2 acre garden and an acre paddock. Just wondering if it is normal to feel daunted by the prospect of moving into a new house when I have just got the one we have how I want it? I know it will mean more room for my girls as I can build them a perment run,and my cats will love it, but there are just a few nerves.

How wonderful :D Yep it is perfectly normal, I cried :oops: when we left our first house that OH and I had done up and made ours, especially as the one we moved into was dirty and had so many bodge jobs we lost count :evil:

Now we are about to move back in after an extension, and I can't wait :D

You will love the extra space, and of course so will the chooks :wink:

karen x

absolutely normal. I had spent years (and umpty-thousand pounds) getting my last house exactly how I wanted it, new bathroom, solid wood floors, kitchen etc but it wasn't in the right place (too far from friends) and the garden was tiny. It was a lovely house, and the new buyers couldn't wait to move in, which somehow made it easier!

There are always going to be bits you miss, after all you wouldn't have chosen to live there otherwise, and that's natural - focus on the positive reasons for moving, like the extra space. Bet you're going to love it!

Oh, yes, I'm sure it must be entirely normal. We're currently planning on putting our current home on the market and just the thought of it is giving me separation anxiety :shock::lol::lol:

Your new home sounds great though, all that space, you'll settle in in no time. Good luck with the moving process though :):)

Congratulations on your offer being accepted :D All that space to fill with chickens :D

We have been looking for the perfect place for 2 years now :shock::( Trouble is I love this house, but it is not quite in the right place :? I want to take it apart stone by stone and put it in the middle of a field :D

Enjoy the adventure :D and your paddock :D

Well done Helen :D I know what you are going through. We are moving up to Bath in three weeks, I love this house and we have got it just how we want it, we have been in it for 10 years :( lived in Cornwall 17 :shock: but its time to move on. Our new house only needs decorating, well you never know until you get in there! But now its nearer the time we just want to go. Just looking for work now :shock::shock: Best of luck keep us posted.

Hi

Thank you for all the great advice, I know I will love the new house so much, its just a shame that e have done so much our current home. The house in still in Derbyshire, just 15 mins from where we are now.. I'm already thinking of what new additiions I can add to the family!!! Hubby would love some ducks, as we can build a pond that would be cool.. I have always wanted a goat and a donkey!!!!

eventually I would love a pig!! Totally mad on piggies (cried at Charlottes web last weekend!!). Only issue is i'm a veggie & hubby a committed meat eater, so he wants to raise a piggie for food & i do not, as i could never ever let them go once I'd raised him/her from a baby!! Time will tell if I come round to the idea!!

If not a piggie, then a donkey would be cool.