evadbur

One week to go ** Update - They are here.

Congrats to you both, so exciting waiting for newbies. When i got my cube from ebay,6 hens were included. The next day we were picking them up and had no idea what we were getting into. Well a year and 2 months down the line we have expanded to 10, one of my original 6 died and then we had 2 off a friend, i was really excited about Willow and Lily (white stars) but my friend did mess me around a bit but it paid off in the end as i got my girls! Then we got really excited when we picked our new girls up exactly a month ago today and so happy with my flock of 10. You will love keeping hens, you never really know what its like until you have them but remember the forums here if you need any help, I seriously wouldnt know what i would have done without Omlet! lets have some pics when you get your girls :D xxxxx

We have had our 3 girls for 5 weeks now and after years of wondering if we should or not..We should have done it years ago! We have become besotted ,my life is revolving around them instead of the other way round.Yopu won't regret it...Good luck.I have learnt so much from this site,I don't think I could have learnt so much in such a short time with out it. .

big day tomorrow then? v.exciting. I've only had mine since Wednesday and I love them already, we had a little chat this morning when I was topping up their feed/water. They make lovely little sounds. There was a bit of squabbling to start with, with Tikka coming out as top-hen but she seems more relaxed now that she knows that there is a plentiful supply of food. I am watching their little routines that Snowflake seems to come out for a scratch about and food when Tikka has put herself to bed, but there are also other times when they are both out together.

Well it's all gone well. They're looking amazingly healthy and spent the day exploring their run. They were very chilled out when they met the dogs.The only problem was they didn't want to go to bed! A bit of gentle persuasion soon solved that. :D

Congratulations.

Ours took a while to get used to going to bed. Even now 4 months on they always go to bed much later than the hybrids in the cube, the hybrids start to get themselves sorted for bed, lining up in order a good half hour before it starts to get dusk. The ex batts go when it is almost dark, perhaps they are enjoying every miniute of their new found freedom.

They also take a while to find where the nest is Annie is ok but occasionally lays in the run, Agnes always lays in the corner of the (purple eglu) where the bars should be and Agatha doesn't lay at all but sits in the nest box most day :( .

Enjoy your new girls, have you taken some photos? :D

Chrissie

Fantastic, :clap: You finally made it, all the colly wobbles have probably gone and you know by now what a great delight they are and how your out look on life will change.you will respect eggs a lot more when you realise how much care they take into producing them :)

Good luck and any help you will need you will always find it on here.

PPGNRGNR