Chook n Boo Mum

Poppy's poorly too...not pancreatitis *phew*

oh, im so pleased that they know whats wrong with her :D (not really pleased that she is poorly though)

sorry, but I giggled at the thought of you blowing up her nose, we used to have a cat thats wouldnt take tablets, we used to break them up, put them in his food, he would eat the food, then leave the perfectly clean tablet :lol:

cathy

x

I'll certainly pass on kisses to the furry muppet :D

DH said this morning, oh you'll have to break her tablets up smaller so she can't tell they're in her food................errr no, that means I have more pieces to stuff down her neck when she leaves them all clean & sparkly in the bottom of the bowl :roll: .............just like your kitty Cathy :lol:

xx

Sorry to only catch up on this now Sha - I hope that she recovers fully, but what scare for you :( Sounds as if you have a marvelous vet though.

Only one of mine will take tablets, the other has to have them crushed up in 'bait' - usually a teaspoon of mashed sardine or pilchard :lol: Lurchers are also dreadful scroungers and this isn't helped by the fact that as a type they aren't very tolerant of gluten, so if they scab any left over pizza in the park or bread, they usually sick it back up again. Apart from that they both have the constitution of an ox :roll: and eat raw meat or bones every day.

Ruby and Cyrus send love and licks to Poppy

Now she's having a few kibble bits in her rice it's easier to hide the tablets thank goodness......she looks at me as much to say "but why mummy" when I have to put them in her mouth, but she doesn't fight unlike Jess, that's like fighting an anaconda :roll: ....we normally hide tablets in their food or a piece of cheese, neither would have worked in the nil by mouth period though :(

The vet has rung both days over the weekend, he's such a sweetheart........he deserves a treat :wink:

Pops is definitely the more delicate of the 3 as far as her tummy is concerned, she was very very ill when DH brought some pork home from work............never ever ever again will she have pork :shock:

She's much better today, she even bounced when DH came downstairs (he feeds them :wink: ) which was lovely to see :D

Thank you again xx

Just caught up with this. So glad she's on the mend.

We have a greedy spaniel whose only interest in life is food so I sympathise! She did have pancreatitis at Christmas ( too many nice people around to give her treats) and was on a drip for 2 days down at the vet. She can now only have Chappie dog food which the vet said has the lowest fat content of all the brands on the market, including the expensive "vet" brands. Mind you, she still scours the bushes for left over kebabs or discarded chips when we go out ! We've even changed the route to avoid the worst spots!

My vet told me there is some research being done which indicates that spaniels and labs have a genetic pre-disposition to pancreatitis - presumably the greedy gene!

Just caught up with this. So glad she's on the mend.

We have a greedy spaniel whose only interest in life is food so I sympathise! She did have pancreatitis at Christmas ( too many nice people around to give her treats) and was on a drip for 2 days down at the vet. She can now only have Chappie dog food which the vet said has the lowest fat content of all the brands on the market, including the expensive "vet" brands. Mind you, she still scours the bushes for left over kebabs or discarded chips when we go out ! We've even changed the route to avoid the worst spots!

My vet told me there is some research being done which indicates that spaniels and labs have a genetic pre-disposition to pancreatitis - presumably the greedy gene!

Firstly, just catching up again and so glad to hear she is doing well Sha, what a relief for you!X

Chappie....that brings back memories, many many years ago we had an absolutely stunning Red Setter (at stud) and the only thing he could tolerate was Chappie (recommended by our vet way back when and apparently no offal in it - but you could smell the fish :vom: ) Anyway he was magnificent on it...glad to hear it's still available in these days of expensive Hills typee vet diets!!