Mercedes55

The Great British Bake Off **Spoiler Alert**

I think the gap between the good ones and the not-so good is widening. Jason is lovely, and as you say, he always looks as if he's having fun.

I hadn't much sympathy for Jasmine this week, they obviously knew macaroons were on the menu so how could she not have prepared for it? Mind you, I've never attempted them! I think it'll be Jason and Holly in the final.

I think that Jason is the most naturally talented of them -he is only 19. Holly I think is a very neat and precise cook but maybe without Jason's flair? I can see her making beautiful things - wedding cakes, pretty biscuits etc but I can see Jason experimenting with tastes and making them work. Holly's only experiment so far was her pesto quiche which was not a success to say the least.

I am warming to Mary-Ann but I don't think she will win.

I'm really enjoying it and really like Jason. Holly seems a bit like Head Girl material to me, neat, tidy and always trying to be perfect. But Brandy snaps, that's really hard and mean of them-but saying that they all did reasonably well, bearing in mind a lot of them had never cooked them.

After the first episode I thought Holly would win but as the series progresses she does seem to come across as trying to be too perfect all the time and she never seems to do anything adventurous. Jason I think is doing really well and if he carries on like this I think he could win it. I have never made brandy snaps or macaroons and after seeing how hard they found them I don't intend trying to :lol:

We love this programme here, even my hubby gets caught up in it. We watched last year too. Haven't got into the names of everyone yet, bit behind.

I don't always agree with who they boot off. Can't understand how the bloke with the jam tarts stuck in the tin stayed in. :roll:

Was he the same one whose cake slid onto the floor too :lol:

We love this programme here, even my hubby gets caught up in it. We watched last year too. Haven't got into the names of everyone yet, bit behind.

I don't always agree with who they boot off. Can't understand how the bloke with the jam tarts stuck in the tin stayed in. :roll:

Ayeeee, and over cardamomed his biscuits.

Ayeeee, and over cardamomed his biscuits.

Ah yes, the biscuits. He isn't doing very well at all and a lot of the time he doesn't seem to care. I'm not sure why he's not been booted off yet :?

I watched tonight for the first time not because I was intersted in the cooking but the mansion is where I have/had my studio on the top floor before I moved to Norfolk. Technically the studio is still mine but my contract ends on 17th. I gave it up when I moved four weeks ago. Valentines Mansion is a very beautifull house set in an equally beautifull park. Going there to work was bliss in an otherwise noisy town. The series was so well organised with very little disruption to the mansion or park. Well done BBC. :clap:

Edited by Guest

Been very careful not to click this thread before I caught up this week. Oh no, I thought Jason was great. I loved him but the meringue pie didn't really work :shock: I was surprised he didn't tell the judges his savoury pie filling was Caribbean, I thought it was a good idea but maybe needed a bit more development. I think I'd try it though. I felt Rob had had a lot more chances so I'd have been really annoyed if he hadn't gone as well.

I'm surprised Jasmine has made it this far, she's obviously a good amateur baker but nothing innovative.

I'm still enjoying it, but I don't think any of them are outstanding bakers, unlike last year's competition. They've all excelled in one or other area, but "Ooops, word censored!"ody seems to be an all-rounder. The croquembouche was amazing, I thought Holly's was really lovely until she slathered it with chocolate. I never thought I'd say 'that's too much chocolate'! :lol: