Mercedes55

The Great British Bake Off **Spoiler Alert**

That squirrel looked like a flasher :shameonu::lol:

I guffawed when it shot on screen and the camera seemed to zoom in and out a couple of times for dramatic effect!

Oh we laughed at that as well :lol:

YS keeps saying I should enter. He is so sweet and I am flattered that he thinks his mum is good enough but I am soooo no where near being in their league at all. In fact the chickens are currently enjoying a failed ricotta cake attempt :oops: - note to self, there is a reason why the man in the demo did not bung all the ingredients in the mixer in one go :lol:

Listen after the afternoon I've had with cake making - hell would freeze over first. I was making cup cakes for the cake sale at school - I managed to over do them in the oven not burnt just er dark.Cake sale cakes invariably end up looking like they were made by a deliquent aka a working mom who wants to do her bit and should know better and go to Waitrose and buy them. My brownie which is such a hit normally |(recipe off Omlet where else?) - I added 3x the amount of baking powder :whistle: this is for the church do on Sat I am helping run. Thankfully the cakes out the freezer are ok - and I ran out of icing sugar. so no I wont be entering if thats ok - I will let some of the experts on here enter.

By the way has anyone on here been on "come dine with me"? Its just a lot of people on that prog seem to have chickens - just wondered.

There is a masterclass on tonight with Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood. Should be good.

Enjoying this :)

But how on earth do they get the eggs SO orange in these programs?! Mine free range on grass but their eggs are never that vibrant!

Listen after the afternoon I've had with cake making - hell would freeze over first. I was making cup cakes for the cake sale at school - I managed to over do them in the oven not burnt just er dark.Cake sale cakes invariably end up looking like they were made by a deliquent aka a working mom who wants to do her bit and should know better and go to Waitrose and buy them. My brownie which is such a hit normally |(recipe off Omlet where else?) - I added 3x the amount of baking powder :whistle: this is for the church do on Sat I am helping run. Thankfully the cakes out the freezer are ok - and I ran out of icing sugar. so no I wont be entering if thats ok - I will let some of the experts on here enter.

By the way has anyone on here been on "come dine with me"? Its just a lot of people on that prog seem to have chickens - just wondered.

You won't be agreeing with this article in today's Daily Mail then :lol:

I do love Mary Berry, she comes across as just being so nice. Never seen Paul Hollywood on any other programmes, so no idea what he is like really.

I haven't watched tonight's Masterclass as I was in Waitrose at the time having a look at the blue eggs they sell in there and trying to pick up a Heston pudding :wink:

I will watch out for the orange yolks though when we watch the programme. OH mentioned that during the month when we couldn't eat our girl's eggs, and had been buying organic free range eggs from a local farm shop that the yolks were soooo much more colourful than the yolks from our own eggs. They were also enormous and I was thinking of showing them to our girls and give them a talking to on how eggs should be :lol:

My hens' egg yolks are always a lovely bright yellow, and people who buy them often comment on this. If your hens are laying pale yolks, then feed them more greens - that's what does it! Mine get a fair bit of grass when free-ranging, but at other times I give them lots of green treats like lettuce, cabbage, spinach (not bought specially, but leftovers or bolted ones from the allotment and so on).

I loved the Masterclass - really like the way they explain the reasons behind things, and although I am a keen baker I picked up some new tips last night from the wonderful Mary Berry. I've decided that the only way to improve is to do things lots of times, and pastry is going to be my next target to practise.

Made these yesterday

Photo0023.jpg

Absolutely yummy. Really soft, yeasty and delicious. Not difficult although I am glad I saw the programme as the dough is quite soft and I would have thought I was doing it wrong. Needless to say they were consumed in minutes (I made 12 and these were the only ones I could photograph)

:drool::drool: