The Dogmother

Fancy dress help needed

Those of you who know me well will already be laughing as I just don't do dressing up.... :roll:

We are going to a friend's birthday party in 3 week's time, the theme is 'anything beginning with an S' (her name starts with an S). Hiring things is no good for me as they never seem to fit, but I have a red flamenco style dress so have decided to go as a Spanish dancer. I've bought a red rose for my hair and have the shoes, but will need a fine black lace shawl or similar and a fan or castanets.

Any help/ideas would be gratefully received and I'm more than happy to cover postage if necessary.

Thanks chaps :D all ideas welcome.

Sarah, do you think it would go with a deep red dress?

All 'donations' will be returned in pristine condition of course :D

I have to admit that I went into a flat spin when I heard that the party was to be fancy dress; it had been a very busy day and my mind was totally numb. I emailed a creative-minded friend and she came back with a massive list of ideas 8) the Spanish dancer immediately appealed as I have the dress already, plus the shoes and black fishnets. In the old days (pre-Rosie) I used to have the time to make things :roll::oops:

I shall post photos

You could have gone as a slap per. Not being offensive here, really not, but it would have been fun. Bit of leopardskin print, stillettos, red lippy. Think of Patsy in Absolutely Fabulous & it would have looked good. Begins with 'S'.

Mods, please don't tell me off - I'm not being naughty here. It's what I might have gone as if I'd had the invite.

Emma.x

Well, we went to the party on Saturday night and with help from Moochoo (lovely feathered fan) and Snowy (black lacy shawl) I had an outfit. Phil joined in the theme and dressed up as a Señor so he only had to wear his work suit and a cummerbund and hat.

Great party and we had a fab time trying to guess what folks were dressed as. Photos as promised:

20111015-spanish.jpg?w=640&h=688

Excuse the sewing machine - Rosie took the photos and I'd forgotten it was there!

20111015-spanish3.jpg?w=640&h=853

Edited by Guest