Chickvic

Christmas turkeys.

I get mine online from Kelly's , and everyone always says that it is the best turkey they have ever tasted. I'm veggie, so can't vouch for it myself, but I am told that it's worth every penny of it's considerable cost!

Have a look at their website www.kellyturkeys.co.uk

In the past we've got ours from Louise at "the farm" :lol:

We go and see the day old poults, see them grow up, Free Range and then go and help prepare them for Christmas ... so I know how well they're looked after! :D ... Obviously people normally pick up the Oven Ready turkey but I'm sure you could go and see them if you ask.

I took quite a funny video of them all coming out the shed one morning, tis

They're in Tamworth, so not too far from you.

Details if you want them are **here** 01543 480142 :D

Big Barn could be a good place to look for anyone looking for local food :)

I've bought a Kelly Bronze for the last couple of years from a farm in Maidstone, it's definitely the best turkey we've ever had, even better than the organic ones :shock: it cooks quickly and is lovely and moist, I get the giblets too :vom: but they do make fab gravy. Also last year the farm gave previous customers a 10% discount :D

I do keep meaning to buy another turkey if I see one reduced and cook it the same way to see if it's the bird or the cooking method, but I haven't got round to it yet.

I took quite a funny video of them all coming out the shed one morning, tis

Hilarious video Lewis :D Do they make that much noise all day?

Pretty much! :lol:

They calm down but then if you go up they come and see what you're doing, then if you whistle or shout to them they all reply 8)

We have had Kelly's turkeys several times and they really are lovely, but very expensive. We have also had bronze turkeys from a farm run by the Tudge family near Ludlow, that was lovely too, they also do good pork. I think that they now have a delivery service, but they also do several farmers markets. Last year we had a bronze freerange turkey from Morrisons and very good it was too, Waitrose also do good bronze turkeys. I think it is worth having a bronze over a white, they have more depth in flavour.