Lewis

1st Generation iPod Nano replacement...

iPod Nano 1st Generation Replacement

"Apple has determined that, in very rare cases, the battery in the iPod nano (1st generation) may overheat and pose a safety risk. Affected iPod nanos were sold between September 2005 and December 2006.

This issue has been traced to a single battery supplier that produced batteries with a manufacturing defect. While the possibility of an incident is rare, the likelihood increases as the battery ages.

Apple recommends that you stop using your iPod nano (1st gen) and follow the process noted below to order a replacement unit, free of charge.

Note: This battery issue is specific to the iPod nano (1st gen) and does not affect any other iPod."

I just found my old ipod in my room, hasn't been used for years and don't even know if it works.

They look like this one:

ipod_nano_1st_gen.jpg

Checked the serial number and mine can be replaced...

Get a shiny new 6th Generation touch screen and video Nano for free! :D

Worth a look if you or the family have a 1st gen Nano around the house!

...just looked at this, thanks Lewis!

I have a very trusty 1st gen 4GB iPod nano that I have had for the last 5 years (bought it off my friend for £20 second hand :wink:). I'm a little attached to it though, so I'm honestly not sure whether to take up the offer (I know that probably sounds mad as it's quite an upgrade). I've sent off for the box though and I'll see how I feel. Do you know if we'll get the 8GB or the 16GB and if you can pick the colour you get?

Thanks again! I've had a terrible day today so it's given me something to smile about :)

I read a few places that said they were originally spare 1st gens but then they'd ran out so are now 6th...

Haven't had my box yet so not sure what they say - what gb or if theres a colour choice.

Will let you know if I hear anything - hopefully Mr Webmuppets will arrive soon so we know! :lol:

Hi folks,

Sent off my (much loved) 1st generation 2Gb Ipod Nano at the beginning of December and today I finally received a replacement ........a shiny silver 6th generation 8Gb Nano. There's been so much about this issue on the web, but it really did seem too good to be true. The new Ipod doesn't come in retail packaging - just the ipod itself in foam lined cardboard box with a warranty leaflet so you'll have to use your original leads and headphones. Well done Apple !

Nigel

Very frustrated at UPS. They left a note saying they attempted to deliver today, but no one was in (there never will be on a weekday :roll:). The note said we could change the delivery address online. I've just spent about 20mins online trying to work out how to do this (including making a UPS account), and I'm now fairly certain you can't unless you are the seller. :silenced:

HOPEFULLY, we can ring them on Monday, get the address changed to Dad's work and it'll go into their little sorting office and be delivered to his desk. However I'm not too sure if there would be complications with him no being there at the delivery time. If not then I'm not sure what will happen.

Anyone had more luck? :D