craftyhunnypie

Systems go?

Aha! Love those names. Seeds indeed ' Mum', seeds! :lol:

Did a quick candle tonight - as the temperature of the incy went down 1 degree over the weekend, during the snowy cold snap. ( We had zero snow here). Was a bit worried about the developing chicks - so did a quick check. All 3 dancing about. Egg number one was crazy! I really hope all 3 manage to get out. You just never know what Mother Nature will allow.

9 days to go from tomorrow 10 am. Soon gone that has!

P.S. Will have chicks hopefully, when you visit us Lewis! Will have to search your pockets when you leave though! Especially when you see my showgirls! :wink:

Emma.x

The power has cut twice but for only 10 min at a time i was worying about think but after candling they all were wigling about in the eggs still .

The last time i set bantom eggs they all hatched day 19 ans day 20 i think thats what has thrown me off , just presumed pekin eggs would be the same.

Got bored tonight so i got my painting stuff out and did a pic of bean for all her hard work sat on the other eggs outside :D

The weather & room temperature affects incubation more than you would imagine. In Summer my eggs hatch before the 21 days, In Winter they can take up to 23 days!! My eggs had a 1 degree dip in temperature the other week, during the icy snowy weather. But I candled & they were fine. What you have to remember is that naturally a hen gets off the eggs for her ' tea break'. :wink:

Good luck with the hatch - mine are only wiggling slightly today - building up strength & absorbing all that yolky goodness hopefully!

Emma.x