craftyhunnypie

Systems go?

Said good morning to the 2 chicks & gave them their first medical check. Counted toes, checked eyes & nostrils, checked bottoms & navels were clean. All good. Colour wise I have a white one & a sort of bluey white one. Don't know where that has come from as the parents are white & gold?? :think: They are the only silkies I have & my breeds for breeding are all kept separate. It is the most lovely colour - whiteish head & bluey grey body.

Emma.x

The gorgeous bluey chick is unsteady on its feet still. It's eating chick crumb, but it keeps falling over onto its back - all 10 toes in the air. :roll: I've watched it walking on the carpet & it doesn't seem to have splayed legs or anything. Perhaps its just not found its balance yet. Am monitoring it very carefully, a bit worried about it. The other chick is a little devil. It's certainly found its feet! :lol:

Emma.x

Egg number 2 I think hasn't made it. :( No more progress after pipping & no wiggling or cheeping.

The 2 chicks are beautiful. Bluey chick is a strong little thing & likes its chick crumbs, but its still toppling over, then it gets stuck. Good job I'm around to pop it back on its feet. Doesn't help with the white chick knocking it over. :roll: Have taken pics, will put them on here later.

Emma.x

The last chick to pip last night (no 5 ) only hatched a few houres ago its a bit week and didnt absorb all the yoke but its looks well and fully formed on the outside so its in with the others one of mine has 100% found its feet and is a cheeky devil running to anything that moves :D

emma do you mind my pics going on here too ? seam to have goined in your thread somehow :oops: