Ain't Nobody Here Posted February 15, 2012 Share Posted February 15, 2012 I was getting a bit concerned about little Layla this evening as she appeared unable to walk properly. She was sort of waddling and would sink down onto her tummy all the time. Had a feel and nothing felt amiss. Mentioned it to OH who said "she's probably got one in the breech" (delightful phrase ). Not 10 minutes later, as she was settling down on a high perch for the night, out splatted a thin-shelled egg. I'll never hear the end of it . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
lindafw Posted February 15, 2012 Share Posted February 15, 2012 oh Lord..just wait...he will be referring to you as a battleship preceded by destroyers next (my Dad loved that phrase....) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Olly Posted February 15, 2012 Share Posted February 15, 2012 Love the technical terminology! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LolaLayla Posted February 15, 2012 Share Posted February 15, 2012 Sounds like you have an expert there. Possibly a Hen Whisperer Hope he is prepared to take phone calls day and night now his skills have come to light. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chortle Chook Posted February 15, 2012 Share Posted February 15, 2012 I had a chicken doing that funny walk thing and an egg popped out just as I was carrying her into the kitchen for a close inspection. It fell out, splat, on our tile floor On the 'breech' idea, is there a right way for the egg to come out? I mean, seriously, could it be difficult if it is presented fat end first? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sparkysmum Posted February 15, 2012 Share Posted February 15, 2012 Clever OH, vicki. Do you think he could offer mates rates if we ask nicely Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted February 15, 2012 Author Share Posted February 15, 2012 Stop encouraging him, you lot . (Not that I've mentioned I started a thread about him, I really would never hear the end of it .) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Purplemaniacs Posted February 15, 2012 Share Posted February 15, 2012 Well done Mr ANH!!!!!! Chrissie Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cheeky Chooky Posted February 17, 2012 Share Posted February 17, 2012 Yes, well done that man! You're probably right not to tell him about this thread though! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...