chestnutmare

Are your pekins noisy?

It does depend on the particular character, but I do have to say Pekins - in my experience - have been the noisiest. But, it isn't simply that they make a noise, it is the type of noise they make. A bwark bwark, or a chook-chook-chook actually isn't an unpleasant sound as far as daily chit chat goes, but, Pekins have a way of shrieking-style which hits right in the nail on a blackboard boundary (for me, at least).

But, it isn't simply that they make a noise, it is the type of noise they make. A bwark bwark, or a chook-chook-chook actually isn't an unpleasant sound as far as daily chit chat goes, but, Pekins have a way of shrieking-style which hits right in the nail on a blackboard boundary (for me, at least).

You've hit the nail on the head, it's not a 'normal' noise they make. One of my little darlings would start shrieking at 5am :shock: And it's relentless, they don't just do it a couple of times, it goes on and on and on and on........

Mine is very noisy when she's building herself up to lay an egg but not especially vocal the rest of the time :)

Similar situation here...Humbug does her "I've laid an egg" song, way before she actually has :roll: but she's always in the Cube when she does it so it isn't too bad :wink: and the rest of the day both she and Pumpkin are pretty quiet :)

We have 5 pekins at the moment (as well as large fowl). I find that they tend to be very noisy in the run up to laying an egg but once they have laid all becomes peaceful again. I would also add that in my experience, pekins are much quieter in the mornings prior to being let out compared to my large fowl!