Nicola H

Pics. from New York.

We have just returned from a much needed holiday if you can call going to New York a holiday we were up at 6am every day so that we could fit in all the exciting things we had planned for each day. We had a great time the children Tom 16 and Emily 10 just loved it Emily was as high as a kite for the whole 5 days we were there, I took over 500 photographs so too many to put on the forum but here are just a few which might be of interest...............

View of the chrysler building taken from the Empire State building.....

viewfromtheEmpirestatebuiding-1.jpg

The Statue of Liberty.........

StatueofLiberty-1.jpg

Organic New York Deli.........Now which cheese was it I wanted........ :lol:

NewYorkDeli-1.jpg

Emily and Jeff in the Museum of Natural History.....

Museumofnaturalhistory-1.jpg

Ground zero, they are now building the Freedom tower on the site and this was just across the road from our hotel......

Groundzero1.jpg

Ellis Island.........

Ellisislandfromtheboat.jpg

Omlet T-Shirt, just had to be done in Times Square much :roll: from the children and Jeff...........

TimessquareOmlett-shirt-1.jpg

Really great pics Nicola....Brings back soome great memories of when Andy and me went for my 21st......If im not mistaken the tall building on the right on your first pic is the Millenium UN plaza hotel (we stayed there when we went)........

Will you be going again???? We cant wait to go back, we have said we would do longer than a week next time though.....

Really great pics Nicola....Brings back soome great memories of when Andy and me went for my 21st......If im not mistaken the tall building on the right on your first pic is the Millenium UN plaza hotel (we stayed there when we went)........

Will you be going again???? We cant wait to go back, we have said we would do longer than a week next time though.....

You are right it is the Millenium UN Plaza............We had such a good time and still didn't see everything not enough hours in the day but we will be going back...........Once the credit card recovers we spent so much that Jeff kept getting calls from Egg to ask if the card had been stolen..................... :lol::lol:

Hehe a couple of years on and I think ours is still recovering lol :lol:

No we didnt have enough time to see everything either, we had 6 days there......The natural history museum was great......I couldnt beleive how big that place was, we run out of time and had to leave before we finished looking round.......

Thanks for the pics :)I LOVE NEW YORK and have a bit of an obsession with the place even though I have never been there ! :shock:

I love watching films/programs with New York in them too...Sex and the City is one of my all time favourites. Am secretly hoping hubby will take me there one day. :cry:

fab pics.

Lovely pics Nicola, it looks like you had a great time :D:D . I'd love to visit New York, not had the opportunity so far, but it just looks like a fabulous place to visit :D

Isn't it one of those trips where you need a holiday after you get back to recover from the exhaustion of trying to squeeze everything in :?8)8)

:D:D:D:D

Fab pictures, Nicola! I'm green with envy - I've always wanted to go to New York, 'do' the shops, take in a couple of hockey games at MSG, and bring in the New Year in Times Square. Sadly, all my hints to chookiehubbie have fallen on deaf ears so far!

I'm still working on it Chelsea - the trick is to wait till he's sleeping then spend half an hour whispering in his ear "Christmas shopping in New York....Rangers V Islanders at MSG.......kissing strangers in Times Square when the ball drops......New York, New York....." over and over and over again, every night, until he wakes up one day and says, "You know what, hun - I think we should spend a couple of weeks in New York. Over Christmas and New Year. And you know what, even though I hate ice hockey, i have a sudden desire to see a Rangers/Islanders match at MSG"

Job done..... :wink::lol::lol::lol:

Great pics, I'm so jealous! - was all booked up to go for my 40th (helicopter flight on the morning of my birthday, dinner cruise at night, staying in a suite in Waldorf Towers), then OH got rushed to hospital the week before and had an op the day after my birthday :( . Frightened to book it up again in case its tempting fate :roll:

Sounds like a plan...he's asleep on sofa now...no time like the present :lol:

Get those Frank Sinatra albums out Chelsea! Will help with the subliminal persuasion!.

Great photo's Nicola. I love the Omlet T-shirt one! I have a friend in New York. I have always planned to go and visit, but have never made any solid plans. I'm regretting it now as it will have to wait until Stefan is a bit older and we have a bit more spare cash.

Maybe we should plan an Omlet meet there! :idea::D