Cinnamon

Harry Potter - an exciting couple of weeks!

I am glad I'm not the only one :lol:

My theory, for those who haven't read it before, is that Dumbledore is not dead. The person killed by Snape was Mad Eye Moody, polyjuiced up to be DD, so making everyone believe he is dead,therefore allowing him to help Harry unhindered (& unseen probably).

Snape was asked to kill DD,knowing it was Moody, who gallantly has layed his life on the line.No one else knows.

A bit off the wall, I know, but time will tell 8):wink:

Sorry to tear this apart.But how can it be moody when dd's face appeared in a picture on the head's study wall.

Ah you see, that would be magic 8):lol:

I have thought about it, & reckon it could be bewitched to happen in some way.

Strange thing - I had the most vivid dream about the new book last night & woke convinced that the following is going to happen.

The Horcrux that is finally needed to despatch old Voldypants is going to be NEVILLE.

If you remember,it was a sort of toss-up which one of them was going to be the child who could kill him according to the prophecy. The big V made Neville a Horcrux - he got it wrong.

Neville will die, he will lay his life on the line.

Snape will be a hero, but will also die in battle, saving Harrys life.

I think we may lose Hagrid too.

Edited by Guest

Didn't JKR recently say she has not ruled out another HP book- does that mean he won't die?

I have just come back from the cinema- I thought the film was the best so far.....The only Americanised bit I found :evil: was the reference at the beginning to the temperature being in the 30's & then the fahrenheit temp was quoted :D

Harry didn't meet the dementors in a subway :roll:, & when he gets to Grimmauld place & is talking to Hermione & Ron in the bedroom if you watch Hermione's hair on her left side it moves about from front to back in- between shots. Anybody else spot any movie mistakes? :D

Jules, I love movie mistakes & will look out for Hermiones hair tomorrow.

Today I am frantically trying to finish the book before we go to the cinema in the morning.I am half way through - only about 300 pages to go :roll::roll::roll::?

Look out too for Harry's glasses, I noticed that in the scene when he kisses Cho & when the Order is discussing (on the bridge) going to London he has no lenses in them! Oh, & when they first fly to London it's quite dramatic as they go along the Thames (nice advert for Visit England!), but all the businesses logos have been removed on top of Canary Wharf for example. Maybe to do with advertising, I don't know....

Edited by Guest

I have just seen the movie, & we all thought it was just great.

The girls who plays Luna is terrific - great dreamy Irish accent, & Imelda Staunton as Umbridge was just chillingly horrid :shock:

I loved they way Ginny looked really put out whenever Cho was mentioned too

:D

The fight scenes were great, the DA scenes even better. Bellatrix Le Strange was really well done, as was Tonks.

It is not my most favourite Harry Potter book - in fact its the one I like least, but I totally enjoyed the movie & can't wait until next weekends book launch :P8):P

I did wonder about the "JK Rowling is considering writing more books" and the "Harry will commit suicide" link - just doesnt compute :? surely she wouldnt say this if HP was no more????

anyway - changing onto movie mistakes - there is a website called www.moviemistakes.com that has hundreds listed, loads of films made and people submit mistakes. :lol: its quite good.

I remember watching ghost with my younger brother 10 years my junior, he was about six at the time.

He asked a simple question, "if he's a ghost right, and can't open doors, how come he can run up stairs?, and why if he can jump through the side of the train doesn't he fall through the floor of it. And how come if..........

I turned it off at that point! :lol::lol:

Kev.

Our copy is coming from Amazon. I hope it arrives early as we are off to the War and Peace show at the Hop Farm in Kent at 0730, this is a yearly event for us and takes priority, even over HP. Otherwise it might mean a trip to the post office on Monday :cry:

Who's going to go & get their copy of HP&TDH at midnight tomorrow night?

Me & alihodg!

i will have to take some pro plus as i usually go to bed before 10 :roll:

At least then I will be hyper awake so I can read it when I get home :D:D:D

Not us this year,alas.

The children were sooooooooo badly behaved last time that we said we would never do it again, so we will be awaiting our Amazon delivery like thousands of others 8)

I have to take my mum to the nail place for a manicure on saturday morning at 11 then we are going shopping so if Tesco have any left by saturday afternoon I will get mine :lol:

failing that it will be some time next week and please don't any of you put in a spoiler thread without clear warning :shock::?:lol:

alihodg was a bit too young to go to the last book release, & as it is (maybe) the last HP book I promised him this time I would take him to queue. We are only going to our local (small) Asda, there is nothing special going on there, they are just opening up the kiosk to sell the book. My friend is going into town to collect her copy, just like we did (me & OH) for the 5th book. The only problem is there is no really close parking for the book shop & Wigan is not the place to be walking through with a 10 year old at midnight ( not the place for anyone at that time of night :roll: ).We will miss out on freebies & such like at Waterstones, but hey, I can get home quicker from Asda- more reading time :D

Can I make a request.....................

As tonights the night,please don't use this thread to discuss the new book, as it doesn't have "SPOILER" in the header.

Maybe we can start a new thread for the book- one that is clearly marked- so people don't read what they don't want to know yet by accident. 8):D

By the way I have just finished The Half Blood Prince, & it was really good to do that little catch up before starting the new book after the Postie comes tomorrow :P

And I am sticking to my theory :wink:8):D