Cinnamon

Harry Potter - an exciting couple of weeks!

The new Harry Potter movie is out next week....we already have our cinema tickets booked...then the following week the new book is out.

OK, I know its for children, but I love & adore the books & have got really into potential plot twists & story lines.

I posted here a year or so ago what I think is happening in the books - anyone remember??? 8):lol:

I am looking forward to the movie too, although its not my favourite of the books.I am sure it will still be a corker.

Is anyone else excited, or am I the only sad & lonely one? 8):?

I will reply for Andy lol

He is also a big fan, I stood with him and queued for a book the other year....AT MIDNIGHT.......He has the latest one prebooked, so no doubt he will be there at midnight when this one is released too.......He usually gets through them in a few days, I get even less sense than normal from him when a new harry potter book is out :)

I like the films, but the books look well way to daunting for me :) wheres the pictures :wink:

Yep, we do the midnight queuing thing too, although The Hubby swore never again after last time so we have pre ordered it from Amazon this time around.

I get first dibs as I am the fastest reader (& most important person in the house), so I will try to keep quiet about the plot & ending on here for a while :wink:

Do try the books Karl - they are really nice to read & you will enjoy the little bits missed out of the movies.

You will get into them in no time....honest :lol:

Am v excited too - pre-booking tickets on the 12th for the film!!! Also have the book pre-ordered from amazon so will wait for it to appear by 8am!!! Have managed to read the others within a day so am gonna try again with this one - although if it's twice as long as the 6th I could struggle a bit :lol:

I like Harry Potter too - best book is The goblet of Fire I think.

Best Film....the first one coz of all the magic - love the Hogwarts Express on the invisible to muggles platform!!!!!!

I haven't pre ordred this time as everytime I pay over the odds, only to discover it on the shelf of my supermarket on the release day at a better price!

My prediction is that his parents are brought back to life or not even dead & he is reunited with them. There will be a death - Malfoy???

Who will be teaching the dark arts this year?

Ron & Hermione will get it together???

Who knows?

Looking forward to the book so much more than the film!

Emma.x

I am going queueing at midnight with Alexander at my local ASDA, with some friends. I want my copy with the last chapter sealed so I can't sneak a peek at the end before I start to read- a really bad habit of mine.

The books are fab, the films are a bit of a let down to me :wink:

I very excited too! I queued last time at midnight but think I will just be getting up early on the day and nipping to the supermarket to pick it up. Rest of the day will be reading and watching the chickens who arrive two days before. :lol:

I am glad I'm not the only one :lol:

My theory, for those who haven't read it before, is that Dumbledore is not dead. The person killed by Snape was Mad Eye Moody, polyjuiced up to be DD, so making everyone believe he is dead,therefore allowing him to help Harry unhindered (& unseen probably).

Snape was asked to kill DD,knowing it was Moody, who gallantly has layed his life on the line.No one else knows.

A bit off the wall, I know, but time will tell 8):wink:

Edited by Guest

I queued up at midnight last time, didn't expect to as was planning to just pop to Tesco at about 6am but DS was away and had been having a huge row with husband (must be over a year ago - its a year since I kicked him out) so I was up and I went and bought it. Was finished it by Monday!

Previous time I ordered from Amazon and nearly DIED with the wait - was delivered about 11.30am in the end and I@d been up since 6!!! This time I've ordered from Tesco, can't queue at midnight as will be incapable of driving after end of term celebrations (last year I had to give a speech for my boss leaving and had a load of dutch courage - this year I have to give my leaving speech EEEK!). I also now live in the country and my post is always delivered by Jan in his van - I know exactly what time to expect him so I can endure the wait.

If anyone is unsure of what to do I would say don't pre-order just go and find the shortest queue. Last year the queue for WH Smith's was DOUBLE the size of the one for Waterstones and people couldn't leave the queue for the shorter one as they had pre-ordered.

I hope the above theory turns out to be right though, would be great if DD wasn't dead!

If anyone is unsure of what to do I would say don't pre-order just go and find the shortest queue. Last year the queue for WH Smith's was DOUBLE the size of the one for Waterstones and people couldn't leave the queue for the shorter one as they had pre-ordered.

.......Or order from Amazon - it will get to you on release day 8):P

I am glad I'm not the only one :lol:

My theory, for those who haven't read it before, is that Dumbledore is not dead. The person killed by Snape was Mad Eye Moody, polyjuiced up to be DD, so making everyone believe he is dead,therefore allowing him to help Harry unhindered (& unseen probably).

Snape was asked to kill DD,knowing it was Mody, who gallantly has layed his life on the line.No one else knows.

I really like your theory, what a great idea :D

Dumbledore was/is one of my fav characters- it tickles me that he has a weakness for Muggle sweets!

Snape was asked to kill DD,knowing it was Moody, who gallantly has layed his life on the line.No one else knows.

How could I have missed this thread? - work always gets in the way - Good theory Cinnamon!

I remember this thread last year!!! I love HP books, Will be coming back from hols in Faro on the 21st so straight to the shops!!! Then have a day off before work, but will read it in a day!!! I don't want to hear the end from someone else!!!!!!

Thanks for bringing this up again Cinnamon (so to speak :wink:)

C x

We'll be on th Isle of Wight so i'll have to find a bookshop. I'm going to try and buy mine from an independant bookshop as they make such a loss on the Harry Potter books because of the supermarkets discounting it so heavily. Big supermarkets can afford the loss, small shops can't.

I really hope DD isn't dead, i find it hard to beleive. I get 1st dibs on the book as i pay for it, Abi reads as fast as i do. We'll go and see the film whilst we are on holiday too. I have always viewed the films as a seperate thing from the books as the films cut out so much.

Part of me doesn't want to read the last book as then thats it, i heard yesterday that there is a petition going asking JK to write more. I'm not sure she should though, its quite good to finish on a high.

Part of me doesn't want to read the last book as then thats it, i heard yesterday that there is a petition going asking JK to write more. I'm not sure she should though, its quite good to finish on a high.

I signed the petition :P

I think some adult Potter books would be great

(Thats Harry as an adult, not adult themed :roll::lol: )

Petition is here, if anyone else wants to sign :wink:

http://www.saveharrypotter.co.uk/

I haven't pre ordred this time as everytime I pay over the odds, only to discover it on the shelf of my supermarket on the release day at a better price!

I know that most of you have probably ordered the book or will be queuing at midnight but for those of you who have ordered or are not queuing up, I would highly recommend buying the book from play.com - I will be getting mine for £9.99 delivered. This is because they are in Jersey and don't charge silly money for anything.

Well today and yesterday we had a day off school for some noncense called "Target Setting."

I went to watch HP today and I thought it was a bit of a dumble-bore! :roll::oops::lol::lol::lol:

The beginning of the film was amazing and I was really gripped into the film. However it seemed to lose it in the middle and it became quite ordinary. The climax was quite good, although they should have made more of the death of Sirius!

Oh well,

Check this out, it's very funny.