Cinnamon

Harry Potter - an exciting couple of weeks!

I am going to a retirement do tonight which starts at 7.30 I am only staying for the meal so should be heading for home about 9.30ish which will get me in for about 10.30 I am seriously toying with the idea of heading back out into Galashiels at 11.30 to be at Asda or Tesco (both 24hrs) to get my copy what do you all think :?

I am going to a retirement do tonight which starts at 7.30 I am only staying for the meal so should be heading for home about 9.30ish which will get me in for about 10.30 I am seriously toying with the idea of heading back out into Galashiels at 11.30 to be at Asda or Tesco (both 24hrs) to get my copy what do you all think :?

Yes, you must go out & get your copy at midnight, if only to say to people in years to come that you did do so!

Enjoy your meal :D:D:D & "do" :D

Hi - will ASda or tescos sell to anyone who hasn't pre ordered as WHSmiths were funny with me one year!

Also, will they charge loads more for the book if it wasn't pre ordered. Did I read right...ASda are doing it for a fiver????? Cos on the radio it says the book is £17.99. I don't mind paying up to a tenner for it, but no way will I pay £17.99....that's nearly 2 chooks worth! I know what I'd sooner have!

Emma.x

OK I am ready for the book but as anticipated I can't go for midnight as I am slightly over the limit for driving (having much trouble typing this) as have just left a job I love.

Waiting so impatientlly for the postman in the morning and he has been late all week.##

Will be posting in the spoiler thread before you know it...

I made the ridiculous mistake of responding to MILs repeated requests for birthday gift ideas for me by teling her that she could buy me the new HP book. She's delighted and I have absolutely no doubt that she'll get it for me and I can pick it up from her when we meet on Sunday. But I've watched the film today and it's whetted my appetite and I've got a big, 24 hr Asda 3 miles down the road from me.......... and it's only a fiver :shock:

Can I hold out :?:?:?

Do not post any spoiler threads on here- if I wait til Sunday I'm going to be miles before you all :(

Is it really a fiver? I just can't believe that the brand new book is going to be so cheap... Are you sure it's not the old ones that are a fiver?

Sorry to doubt, but I just can't believe it! :think::shock:

Emma.x

i'll let you all konw when I get back.....

I am still sitting here waiting for the Postie to turn up with my book & have been thinking about reading it.

I have decided that while I am really excitied to read it, I am also sad that this is the last one & sort of not looking forward to reading it because then it will end :?

Maybe I am over thinking things (I do that sometimes) & I should just stop being silly & enjoy it, but I can't help a twinge of sadness whenever I think about the ending.

If it ever gets here that is :roll::roll::roll:

Bought a copy in Asda this morning on way to collect eldest from party following on from his school prom. How he can still look awake after no sleep all night... I must be getting old :wink:

I'm not allowing myself to start reading until I've finished my sermons for tomorrow, otherwise it will be a half sermon and a book reading from the pulpit :oops:

Rang around to check prices this morning - Tescos £10, Sainsbury's £8.99,

Woolworths £8.99 but with £2 off if you spent over £10 in store excluding the book.

Happy reading

Morag

I'm not allowing myself to start reading until I've finished my sermons for tomorrow, otherwise it will be a half sermon and a book reading from the pulpit :oops:

I think thats a great idea Morag! :idea:

Good vs evil etc it can all tie into a sermon somewhere so a reading from the book would be brilliant! :wink::lol:

Off to get my copy shortly from Asda at Winsford. We are off to visit Garden Poultry at Kingsley in a bit - I can't wait. I'm hoping I can reserve my birds now!!! Darling sister is coming too, she might even bring hers home and keep them in an empty stable. She's letting hers free range around the farm!

Yes it will be sooooo sad to think that it will be the last HP book, but I'm sure that there will be someone waiting in the wings about to jump on the book release wagon - that will bring out a series of books about something just as good and will be world famous!!!!!

All the book shops will be gutted if they can't con people into any pre - orders. WH Smiths thrive on pushing offers onto you when you go in to buy a magazine!

Happy reading everyone!!!!!!!

Emma.x

I think thats a great idea Morag! :idea:

Good vs evil etc it can all tie into a sermon somewhere so a reading from the book would be brilliant! :wink::lol:

My dad is preaching at our church tomorrow......he isn't a HP fan, but I am sure he will get a mention :wink:

Our postman arrived just after 9am, as I came downstairs! He was happy and smiling and pleased to be delivering my book - he said he would knock Monday to see how I was getting on.

How am I getting on - well it's 8.55 and its the first time I've been online today, I'm falling asleep so will be heading up to bed soon. I'm on page 503 which is in the run up to what I think will be the final battle. No spoilers from me! I guess I will finish it in the morning.

I got mine at midnight in Asda I got a copy for a girl at work too I had visitors yesterday so i haven't finished I am 3/4 of the way ther I will have to stay out of the spoilers thread as I so don't want to be disappointed by finding out anything before I finish so I will see you in the spoilers thread tomorrow :wink::lol:

I got to the shop about 23.45 and there was a fair queue already but when i left about 0.10 the car park was filling up :shock:

The Tesco over the road was busy too I was amazed at how many people there were doing shopping not there specifically for the book :shock::?