Goosey Lucy

Dishwasher

We've used Zanusi, Whirlpool and something a long time ago that I think was a Bosch... we now have a Smeg, because it was the right colour and style for our current kitchen.

I like the Smeg best, it has some nifty features, like a rising/lowering top shelf so big things can be put in the bottom, and automatic door so the dishes don't just get wet again with steam etc. It's not perfect and they are rather too expensive if you ask me. The shelves aren't white and I hit my hands on them all the time (I don't see so well) and it doesn't show how long is left to finish and stuff and the cutlery holder is pants.

After the Smeg I would go for the Bosch, but I have heard good things about the Miele's.

Oh (edit) We have had a Beko one too... it was cheap as chips and very good. I wouldn't rule one out.

Seven :shock::shock:

Thanks for all the information so far, it's all very helpful.

Whatever I buy will most likely be online as the island electrical retailer has just sold off all its shops so I also have to factor in delivery charges. I'm currently looking at John Lewis as they have free delivery :D

Two things I'd look for in a dishwasher, neither of which my current one has (it came with the house) - a timer so you can set it to start early morning and be finished when you get up, and the option of washing just one tray rather than the whole thing.

I think my last one, which had both of these features, was a Whirlpool - it certainly wasn't anything expensive.

We have a Bosch SMS63E12GB dishwasher and it's the one that uses very little water, I think it's about 7ltrs. Have to say it's so quiet I can't even hear when it's on and it washes everything really clean. However having said all that we don't use it nearly as often as we thought we would but I'd highly recommend ours

We have a Bosch which is great (though as we needed it to be both built-in and slimline, we didn't have many to choose from).

As a supplier, whilst I am a huge John Lewis fan, I also heartily recommend Co-op electricals online (www.coopelectricalshop.co.uk) as we have used them several times and they are cheaper, very helpful customer service and ethical (well in as much as being part of the co-op). They were more than happy to bring our washing machine round to the back of the house as it would not go through the front door and that was over some really rough ground and through 2 gates.

We just bought the Beko from Appliancesonline . It is superb - better than my old Bosch. Does a full load, wash and dry in under an hour and has a compartment to add extra powder if you want to do a pre-wash on really mucky pots and pans. It also has the most flexible layout of any washer I've seen! I love it 8) Great service from them as well, fast delivery and very helpful on the phone.

I got a good deal on a Miele from the co op on line and its been brilliant. It is built like a tank and if space is a problem I cant see it would be much good. I wouldnt probably have paid full price for it but fingers crossed so far so good(I have a vacum too thats Miele).

Was going to get a Miele Washing machine but the guy persuaded me to try LG and its been very good too(its not got any ball barings or something like that)??

However I had original Zanussi which was good about 20+ year ago but then had 2 more that were never up to the same standard. My sister has a Beko and loves it she had a Bosch for years and liked that too.

I think sometimes its luck of the draw if its going to last. Although the Miele has been the best for me but pricey.

We had a Bosch which lasted for 17 years, . Sadly to get the quality of the old Bosch I'm guessing you'd probably have to buy Miele now because I don't think they are made the same. Unfortunately I have a Miele Tumble Dryer that makes me do this :twisted: every time I use it, so that put me off another Miele.

In the end we plumped for a Siemens. It's about 18 months old now and has been fine, but has a few things that irritate in comparison with the Bosch, like the fact that you have to get the bottom tray just right not to have a crockery car crash when you push the tray in... :roll:

We have had 2 Hotpoint dishwashers both of which have been very good. I had to look into dishwashers recently when we thought the one at work had packed up, and from reading various reviews the Beko ones seems to get fantastic praise and are very cheap too. Clever hubby managed to mend the one in the office which is an ancient indesit, so we are yet to buy one.