Cheeky Chooky

A lovely weekend

We have some new additions to our flock :D

These two darling little White Silkies

P1020095.JPG

P1020027.JPG

And this gorgeous girl :angel: We had the pick of 13 who are all destined for the freezer :? I've always longed for a Muscovy and she reminds me of my Grandparent's Muscovy from years ago :D The guy told me that the place where they'd come from wasn't all that pleasant...30 of them in a mucky pen that was far too small :( They looked dirty and bedraggled but not long after we brought her home, she got in the trug and had a good wash and spent ages preening afterwards...she looked like a different bird :wink:

P1020125.JPG

P1020130.JPG

P1020104.JPG

Took lots of daft pics of the rest of the girls and thought I'd share some that made me :)

Two fat Frizzles

P1020039.JPG

Two teeny Seramas in a trug

P1020034.JPG

Edna having a snooze...or is she?! :lol:

P1020062.JPG

Dolly staring down the lens

P1020011.JPG

A few of the gang gathered in a small spot of sunshine

P1020099.JPG

Thank you peeps :D

I love silkies, how old are they?

Not very old...late Summer hatch according to the lady I got them from :wink:

Intrigued by the surprise in December!

Not long now! :dance:

The muscovy is pretty too. Does she hiss?

I haven't heard her hiss yet, she seems to be a very placid girl. It was strange seeing them in a group when we went to pick her because they were all absolutely silent! Weird!

I've heard they fly and can perch in trees which seems odd for a duck :shock: . Does she mix in well with your miniature appleyards and with your bantam chooks too?

Yes, they are excellent fliers and need to be wing clipped. When we put Millie in the duck run yesterday, Daisy started to make little lunges at her which was quite funny given the size difference :lol: Derek just toddled off into the !goyellow!:lol: They're sort of skirting around each other today but no lunging from Daisy :wink: If I had the room I think I'd have a small flock of Muscovies...already I can see how intelligent Millie is and she's very laid back...just lovely :angel: She even takes herself off to bed at dusk! We're loving having her already :D