WitchHazel

Downton Abbey possible spoilers

Why could they just not let them be happy for a while........

I really wanted some Christmas happiness.................

I know TV needs drama but just occasionally happiness for more than a minute would be nice.......

I suspect they were clearing he way for whatever the next big storyline will be. Bish Bash Bosh, get it out of the way at Christmas and then we don't have to deal with it at the beginning of the new series.

I really love Downton, but I do think they are rushing through things - the whole of the last series was far too rushed and it wasn't made clear enough that many months passed between each episode. It was perhaps more understandable when it was conceived as lasting just a couple of series then finished, but now that they are making it into an ongoing item, they really could do with slowing the pace and passage of time a bit.

I think that the actor who played Matthew didn't renew his contract,so wouldn't be filming the next series shown next year,so they needed him out & quick!

Personally I would rather that than a long drawn out affair or falling out with Mary :?

I hold out hopes that little Edith will get together with Tom Branson,although I suspect that probably wont happen :roll::lol:

I'm not sorry to lose Mathew, found him a bit annoying. I loved Mr Carson, like an honorary father. Felt sorry for Edna the maid. Interesting time for women and the programme gently introduces the changing mindset of women. I like Downton more than I used to. I think it packs in a lot about changing attitudes and how things changed between the wars. Also, I love watching the change in fashion and transport and technology, its like a more interesting history lesson.