chicken bark

Coffee machines - Made my choice at last - thanks

Okay folks I am after some advice.

I only drink decaf coffee and especially like lattes (although don't drink all the time because they are more calorific than normal coffee). Is there a suitable (cheap) coffee machine that will make them. Is it best to buy a cheap pod system (and get a coffee duck if necessary so you can use ground coffee) and a separate milk thing.

I don't want too much faff. :roll:

Basically I want the moon on a stick so can anyone help? :lol:

Edited by Guest

If you're only going to drink them very rarely I'd say go for a cafetiere (sp?) We used to have two- one for the coffee and one for frothing the milk in as we like cappucinos:)

Saying that we have been given a Nespresso by our neighbours. It's an older model and we love it although to froth/heat milk I have to put the milk into another container and then put plastic tube in that sucks the milk through. Not sure if we'd buy another when this one breaks as we only really have one coffee a day. The coffee is lovely though and we only drink the decaf.

I have one of the newer Tassimo's & I love it! There is such a huge variety of different coffees including decaf, teas & hot chocolates. I've never had a problem with it frothing either. A few years ago, I had a Dolce Gusto, but even though they are both pod systems, I found the DG quite fiddly.

Really?? That's interesting as this is a new model so it must just be personal choice. I cannot judge as like ai said black coffee does it for me although I do like the occasionally Surchards hot choc but looks like as I am now on slimming world I will sell those on as the temptation is too much to have more than a treat :lol:

I find the Colombian coffee the best but again personal choice... :D

I have been looking at Dolce Gusto, Tassimo, Nespresso, Senseo etc. I know that the Senseo machines can have cheap Lidl pods in them and that it is easy to get a coffee duck to fit. Delonghi seem to use ESE pods or ground coffee. My brain has fizzled out with it all - I need a coffee lol :lol:

I'm after something that is quick and easy.

My OH says stick with instant coffee and use enjoy the lattes when we go out. He may be right...

IMHO if you are a latte lover like myself then Tassimo is not for you. I have one DH loves it for the acoffee as he likes real coffee in varying strengths and flavours. However the latte is not great, I find the milk pods horrible as they don't taste like real milk. They must be long life in some way to last. So if you want real milk taste don't use the pod, do it in some other way and add to the coffee but then what is the point?

I drink mainly decaff unless having a coffee out. We have a Nespresso machine and so I buy a variety of pods- strong ones for OH and decaff for me. Then again Nespresso is not a cheap machine but we get good use out of ours. We have thee milk thing too so that I can make it frothy for lattes etc.

If you would like lattes, don't get the senseo - you can get latte/cappacinno/hotchoc pods for it, but they are flipping expensive, not easy to get and not very nice :oops: . I had a senseo but sold it quite quickly, it took up a huge amount of worktop space and the coffee didn't seem that great (I did have a coffee duck which work as well, if not better than the disks/pods) but it only made half a cup of coffee - if you want a mug full you need to do it twice! I'm glad I tried it, but it wasn't for me, I'm afraid, I've gone back to just using normal filter coffee - I'd get one of those aerolatte type things if you'd like frothy milk!!!

Well after much decision making and several times deciding not to bother getting one at all. :think: I had finally got it down to the Oster Prima Latte and the Delonghi Lattissima. Both are supposed to make a latte at the touch of a button (i.e. frothing the milk and putting it into the cup for you - how lazy is that :lol: ) .They could be purchased for a similar price too. If I'd been quicker the Oster would have been much cheaper in the sales at Currys but never mind. So eventually I have ordered a Lattissima. It does tie you into the nespresso pods but you can get clones and it seems more available than the Oster which I find reassuring.

I shall let you know what I think when it arrives. :dance: