Margalot

Where are my eggs?

Well I am frustrated to say the least!, but am I expecting too much??

My 3 oldest girls all Brahmas will be the ripe old age of 3 next month and have yet to lay their first eggs since about last October. I had patiently waited until Valentines Day as I thought they would be back into the swing of things but still NO eggs!! the two younger ones a Brahma and an Orpington have also yet to lay this year. Do you think that the Brahmas are getting too old to lay and will I ever see an egg again? :shock::lol: feels as if I have 5 freeloaders at the moment!

Oh dear!!!! How very frustrating!! My pekins have been doing really well, another youngster starting yesterday :D I guess they'll lay when they're ready........and not a minute before!! :lol::roll:

Well it never lasts, one of mine seems to be going broody (shakes head OH NO not that again :roll: ) and some of the others seem to be going off/taking a break after a month of laying most days! :doh:

But the eggs are the yummiest while thet're here!!! :D

We finally had some eggs at the weekend. Having got 3 warrens of indeterminate age at the end of November I have been waiting increasingly impatiently for some eggs and getting worried that they might be older hens and past laying. Then as we were away at the weekend our neighbour texted to say the hens had laid 3 eggs, typical :wall: not sure if all from the same hen or one from each. No eggs today as we are now back, perhaps the hens just don't like us!

Another egg today, it was a good size bigger than the large fr eggs from the supermarket on the skelter, weighed in at 76g. I think it is only 1 hen laying, another has started crouching so hopefully start soon. The third one I think is younger, was still making chick noises when we got her and she is bottom hen so might not lay for a while yet. Any news margalot?

I am totally fed up with my girls. The two older ones a Wyandotte and a Pekin have yet to resume laying since about October last year. The three young ones arent much better. The young Wyandotte has been laying for the past couple of weeks but the Polish Frizzle and the Lavendar Pekin havent started yet. Their faces are bright red - so I live in hope! :?

Mine are 4 and 5 this year. So far we had about a dozen eggs from the maran and then she stopped again. Nada from the freeloaders GRRRRRRRRRRRRR! But OH and I had "a talk" and I'll be looking to get 2 more girls at the end of the year ready for next spring. Hmmm what to have! Heh heh heh.

Ours are exactly the same, Princess Leia! They all 3 laid all through last year, winter included, but have been much more iffy since about November. Rarely no eggs but often only one or two. Am assuming that the longer days and warmer weather will start them all off regularly again. Will let you know!

Really getting fed up now. Not an egg to be seen.

I can't understand it. They have been so reliable - from POL two years ago this month, they have laid as regular as clockwork, one per day. They laid through their first winter (although the frequency dropped), resumed full production last spring but stopped about last November. Neither have laid since, or are showing any inclination to do so. Both are healthy and happy, they have been wormed (as a precaution - there were no signs of worms).

Why would they both stop laying at the same age?

Oh dear how frustrating.

Only one of ours is laying properly. One is laying soft shelled eggs and I suspect has some problem with her egg laying equipment and I don't think she is ever going to lay a proper egg. The third shows no inclination of laying.

These are my first 3 chickens and were indeterminate in age when we got them last november. they were in a very poor state when we got them with all the parasites a chicken could have arriving with them. My conclusion is that the non-laying hen is old and probably past laying, the one laying the soft shells has suffered damage from her previous poor care and is not going to lay properly and the third is the only reliable one. I have debated having the 2 non producing hens PTS but I can't bring myself to sort it out (one of our friends with experience would dispatch them for us). I'm sorry I can't give you any advice for your 2 I know how frustrating it is waiting for an egg to appear.

Tick, tock, tick, tock....

Still nothing. Ever tried leaving the country for a week and leaving them in the care of YS in case it was something personal! :wall:

If I were to hard boil a bought egg and sneak it into the nest when they aren't looking , might that prompt something?

Any other sensible suggestions?

Oh no :( How disappointing to still not be getting any eggs.

I guess you have tried all the obvious things, worming them with flubenvet, how much do they FR, are they eating treats rather than layers pellets, if they FR are they laying somewhere else. If they are hybrids could it be their age and they have just done all their egg laying.

Fingers crossed for eggs soon.

Chrissie