WitchHazel

House chicken meets chicken doorstop

One of my Girls, Tilda, has been living in my kitchen for the last 4 months. On Dec 2nd, she keeled over and was close to death. I gave her some Nutrisrops, and we kept her in the kitchen overnight so she could die peacefully. She didn't die , but every attempt to put her back in with the other Garden Girls, even just in their free range area, has not gone well. SHe's now living in the kitchen, mostly on a Dinner Bed & Breakfast basis.

Most days she goes outside for a bit. Some days she absolutely refuses to go outside. So, she spends the day sitting in various parts of the kitchen. She travels round about 2/3rds of the kitchen most days - not as much as a healthy hen would - and we're lucky we have a large kitchen for her to explore.

Today she decided that she was going abroad, outside the boundaries of Kitchen. She spent half an hour sitting in the doorway between the kitchen ad living room, chatting away to me as I worked on my puter. I expected her to come and sit near my feet, but she didn't. In fact, she disappeared - and I heard her burbling away in the hallway.

Concerned that she might have trapped a cat, I went to investigate what she was burbling at. I found her staring at the hallway doorstop

1-P1040332+-+Copy.JPG

2-P1040333.JPG

3-P1040337.JPG

(hope you can see these. I've just started using Picasa instead of Photobucket and I'm not sure I've got the settings correct).