gavclojak

How much grit is too much?

My girls have a pot of grit mixed with oyster shell, I change is every few weeks, I can honestly say that since getting the girls 8 months ago I have not noticed them going anywhere near the pot and I does not seem to be getting any smaller so I assumed they were not using it.....well that was up until a week or so ago and now half the pot has gone, I know they are eating it as they all seem to find it irresistible at the moment?? I can see the girls from my living room and see them dipping in and out of it...

They have a really balanced diet and are on small holders organic free range pellets? They have a 35 square foot enclosure and free-range a few times a week....

Could they be lacking in something or is this perfectly normal for this time of the year?

I think it is normal.

Is the weather stopping them free ranging? Is your ground frozen at any point in the day? Are they getting up later/going to bed early? All questions which might lead to an answer.

Anyway, I didn't think they could eat too much- it just gets passed through. They might like the texture at the moment whilst everything else is soggy and soft :lol: