I have just had to customise my Go up ladder as my girls don't like it and whilst they can go up the do slip. My girls have no problem with the cube ladder, just the go. I have wrapped anti rug slip mat around each rung, and used cable ties, it is much better now.

I think this is a bit of a design flaw in the new Go up..

I already put in a review (in Dutch, which they placed on the English site...). But might put in another one in English too. The ladder on itself is good, but the finishing makes it almost like a chicken slide.

I do want to point out that this is the only downside to the coop so far, according to me at least. It's still a great coop!

My Go-up arrived yesterday and I transferred the hens into it after dark. This morning, they've been totally bemused by the steps. Daphne and Golda fell out in a very undignified fashion, closely followed by Mr Darcy. Shirley and Sylvia watched them with scorn. Shirley flew down quite gracefully. Sylvia tentatively put a foot on to the top rung several times before descending one rung at a time with real chicken style.

Now there's the problem of getting back up there to lay eggs. "Ooops, word censored!"ody seems keen to try, although they're crossing their legs and calling for gas and air... Have tried covering steps with soft velcro (no good) and now have attached towelling to each rung with cable ties.

Later: Shirley's just managed to climb up and lay her egg. Hope the others get the idea.

Cat Tails, what's your slippery-rung solution made of? The pic isn't that clear on my old computer....

:D:D Great idea. Wish I could crochet! The towelling seems to have worked moderately well. Daphne, Golda and Shirley have all been upstairs to lay their eggs. Sylvia laid hers in the run.

Was hoping to move the Go Up to its permanent site this evening IF they go up the stairs to bed, but they're still moseying around.Tomorrow I was hoping to let them out to free-range again, but maybe I shouldn't if they haven't got the hang of where they're meant to sleep! :wall:

I left mine in the run for a whole week. It was hard, but I think quite important too. They now think it's their safe place, so will always run back in, if something happens.

I would leave them in for another few days and then move the coop in a few days time, when they are free ranging. This is what I did anyway. Moving the coop with them in it, might scare them too much and put them of from using the coop to sleep.

Just a thought, but would adhesive anti-slip tape as is normally used on stairs in factories help with this problem? Link to some on Amazon below, but I would suspect builders merchants would keep it. Spiral wrap in round the rungs like wrapping a racquet handle?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sylglas-ASTBL-Anti-Slip-Tape-50mm/dp/B001EJ1KDW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1409909228&sr=8-2&keywords=anti+slip+tape